FOR THE GOVERNORS OF TOMORROW: A "DEMOCRACY AUDIT" OF THE POLICY PROCESS
- THE 2004 NEW ZEALAND LIVING STANDARDS SURVEY: WHAT DOES IT SIGNAL ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF MULTIPLE DISADVANTAGE? Jensen, John; Sathiyandra, Sathi; Matangi-Want, Morna // Social Policy Journal of New Zealand;Mar2007, Issue 30, p110
This paper provides the rationale for the Ministry of Social Development's living standards research programme by describing the distinctive features of the Economic Living Standards Index (ELSI), the measure of living standards that provides the basis for the research. The paper draws on data...
- ON MESSAGE: IT'S OK TO HELP. // Public Sector;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p12
The article offers information on the anti-family violence campaign "It's OK to Help" by Ministry of Social Development. It mentions that family violence is a significant social problem in New Zealand and the campaign took action against the violence and achieved the Institute of Public...
- Surprise change in direction for MSD. // New Zealand Doctor;6/5/2013, p4
The article reports on the addition of vaccine management to the responsibilities of the New Zealand Ministry of Social Development in 2013.
- No further funding for alcohol counsellor. // New Zealand Doctor;8/10/2011, p18
The article reveals that the New Zealand Ministry of Social Development has ceased funding for the Whanganui Regional Public Health Office (PHO).
- Benefit numbers puzzling reading. Ratcliffe, Lucy // New Zealand Doctor;11/21/2007, p10
The article reports about the increasing number of beneficiaries, both sickness and invalid, in New Zealand. Social development and employment minister, Ruth Dyson, agrees that the numbers are on the rise but says that the growth is slowing down. As of the last tally of the Ministry of Social...
- Independent security review. // Public Sector;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p13
The article reports that the Ministry of Social Development (MSD) of New Zealand is planning to conduct an independent review into the MSD's physical security environment and reviewers will comprised of National Secretary Glenn Barclay and Graham Maloney of Department of Human Services, Australia.
- EEO trust work & life awards 2010. Reed, Philippa // Human Resources Magazine;Dec2010/Jan2011, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p28
The article offers information on parenting workshop for the staff of North Island Distribution Center of The Warehouse Group. The New Zealand Ministry of Social Development offered the Strategies for Kids, Information for Parents (SKIP) programme to help employees in balancing work with their...
- Work and Income enhances case management system. // Human Resources Magazine;Jun/Jul2006, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p7
The article provides information on the Work and Income case management system of the New Zealand Ministry of Social Development. Its services include a pre-assessment of a person's needs and work readiness, seminars that offer information on local labor market conditions and income support...
- New Zealand Investigates Alleged Breach. // Information Management Journal;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p16
The article reports that a British journalist Keith Ng is accessing various files on the national accounting server of the New Zealand Ministry of Social Development.