RESPONDING TO THE CHALLENGES: RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN CENSORSHIP POLICY IN NEW ZEALAND
- The Internet's red light district. Jenkinson, Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/02/96, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p31
No abstract available.
- New cybercop tricks to fight child porn. Kaplan, David E. // U.S. News & World Report;05/26/97, Vol. 122 Issue 20, p29
Examines the battle to prevent child pornography on the Internet. The cybercops of the United States Custom service; Child pornography before and after the Internet; Federal laws enforcing anti-pornography measures; A child pornography World Wide Web site set up to track down traffickers; The...
- GEOSKILLS: INTERNET CENSORSHIP. // Junior Scholastic;3/14/2011, Vol. 113 Issue 12, p22
The article reports on the move of China and U.S. to restrict access to Internet to limit the posting of content like hate speech or child pornography.
- THE SKEPTICAL EYE. Alexander, David // Humanist;Jan/Feb91, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p29
Comments on the prevalence and policies against child pornography. Fundamental laws of dealing with censorship and prudery; Aspects of decency and public morality; Details of an exhibition of Robert Mapplethorpe's photographs of children with their genitalia exposed; Definition and policies in...
- GOOGLE IN CHINA: FINDING CREATIVE SOLUTIONS TO CULTURAL DIFFERENCES. EBY, CHRISTOPHER E. // Proteus;Spring2011, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p57
The article focuses on the cultural differences that American company Google Inc. search engine had to contend with in order to do business in China. The Chinese government's censorship policy, which is known as the Golden Shield Project and also the Great Firewall of China, requires Internet...
- Freedom Of Speech And Censorship In The Internet. Joon-Yeoul Oh; Aukerman, Rick A. // International Journal of Management & Information Systems;2013 4th Quarter, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p251
Internet censorship or internet content filtering is used to protect people from harmful materials, such as child pornography, as well as defamation and fraud, which are easily perpetrated on the internet. However, implementing censorship creates technical and social issues, such as...
- ...And a cleaner I-Way. // Christian Science Monitor;11/28/95, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p20
Editorial. Comments on the efforts to curb the growing dirt on the Internet. Administration of child pornography on the Internet; Steps taken by various group of persons to fight against the prevailing smut.
- BLOG BITES. // PC Pro;Oct2013, Issue 228, p11
Several blogs are presented on British Prime Minister David Cameron's desire for the internet industry to eradicate online child-abuse images and launching of network-level adult content filters across all service providers to prevent children from seeing pornography.
- The Darker Side of the Net. Guttman, Cynthia // UNESCO Courier;Sep99, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p43
Deals with the issue of child pornography in the Internet. Details on the `Innocence in Danger' movement launched by the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization; Concerns on child pornography in the Internet; Discussion on the relationship between viewing child...