NCTA to FCC: Deny Access
- Marx: Let Viewers Pick. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;5/15/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p30
Focuses on the recommendation from U.S. Federal Communications Commission chief economist Leslie Marx for parents to have the option to buy only those cable channels they deem appropriate for their families in an a la carte selection process. Purpose of the a la carte selection; Suggestion from...
- WASHINGTON WATCH. McConnell, Bill; Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;05/22/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 22, p14
Presents various news items relating to the broadcasting industry and state. Information campaign of Odyssey cable network on the channel-blocking system; National Cable Television Association's endorsement of the government's equal-employment-recruiting rules; Permission won by British Telecom...
- Party time. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/19/96, Vol. 126 Issue 8, p89
Reports on the plan of Nickelodeon to hold a big bash to launch its TV Land nostalgia network during the 1996 National Cable Television Association.
- Party time. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 7, p81
Reports on Nickelodeon's plan to hold a big bash at the Paramount Studios to launch its TV Land nostalgia network during the National Cable Television Association convention in Los Angeles on April 29, 1996.
- Spanish trip for Travel Channel off in October. Gelman, Morrie // Hollywood Reporter;5/8/95, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p6
Reports that The Travel Channel is expected to announce, during the 1995 convention of the National Cable Television Association in Dallas, Texas, a 24-hour Spanish-language version of its travel news, documentaries and live events for Latin America for introduction in October.
- AT&T Seeks Freedom at FCC. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;1/23/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p34
The article reports on the request of AT&T Inc. to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to eliminate regulations applicable to cable companies. The primary concern for the firm is the elimination of the franchise requirement and rules regarding Internet Protocol video services. AT&T...
- NCTA Backs 3-Year Limit. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;9/10/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p2
The article reports that the U.S. National Cable & Telecommunications Association has supported the cable television networks' offer to distribute local TV stations in both analog and digital formats for three years. This will follow the official cutoff of analog TV in early 2009. The...
- NCTA BRIEFS. Bernstein, Paula // Variety;05/15/2000, Vol. 378 Issue 13, p15
Provides news briefs concerning the National Cable Television Association as of May 15, 2000. Decision of Fox's Health Network to re-launch as WebMD Television in the fall; Plan of MTV2 to premiere its first interactive music show in the fall; New titles added to the series of original films...
- CABLE SHOW TECH PAPERS: A READER'S GUIDE. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;6/16/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p34
The article focuses on the National Cable and Telecommunications Association's (NCTA) annual collection of technical papers. Some of the topics include bandwidth, compression, security and advertising. The article examines the papers "A comparison of PON architecture," by Jim Farmer and...