Versus's Cup Runneth Over
- Versus in Playoff Form. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;4/13/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p6
The article reports that Versus will using its broadcasts of National Hockey League (NHL) playoffs to increase the number of television viewers and maximize revenues. Mark Fein, executive Vice President for programming, production and business operations for Versus, said the Comcast-owned sports...
- Versus' Davis On a Roll. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p52
The article profiles Jamie Davis, president of Versus, a cable television sports channel owned by Comcast. The channel broadcasts National Hockey League (NHL) games and World Extreme Cagefight mixed-martial arts programming. Davis feels that programming from the Indy Racing League (IRL) will be...
- Versus Gets Power Play From NHL Cup Coverage. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;6/8/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p4
The article reports that the cable television network Versus had its highest rating ever for its June 2, 2009 broadcast of the third game of the National Hockey League Stanley Cup playoff final between the Detroit Red Wings and Pittsburgh Penguins. The broadcast was watched by an estimated 2.96...
- Versus Looks to Light Ratings Lamp. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;4/13/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p22
The article reports that television network Versus is set to carry ratings momentum during the National Hockey League's 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs in the U.S. It states that the company will look to measure its major gains during the 2008 postseason run. According to the data from Nielsen Media...
- Versus-NHL Deal Leaves Door Open. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/6/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p2
The article reports that Versus has the right to end its National Hockey League (NHL) in the U.S. deal after the 2007-2008 season. This move could allow ESPN to work out a possible deal with the NHL. NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly expects Versus to pick-up the three-year option that would...
- Fewer eyes, more guys. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/19/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 26, p36
Reports on the ratings of National Hockey League (NHL) games aired on ESPN and ABC in 2000. Comparison with ratings in 1999; Number of viewers who watched the Stanley Cup series; Factors contributing to the decline in NHL ratings.
- Hockey scores on cable. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;6/17/96, Vol. 126 Issue 26, p59
Reports on the cable television coverage of the National Hockey League's (NHL) 1996 playoffs. Ratings of NHL television shows; Postseason playoff telecasts.
- Time Is Money for the NHL's TV Future. Habib, Daniel G. // Sports Illustrated;10/28/2002, Vol. 97 Issue 17, p171
Reports on how efforts to speed up National Hockey League games are shortening games and impacting the league's television endorsements.
- Is anyone watching? Farber, Michael // Sports Illustrated;06/15/98, Vol. 88 Issue 24, p46
Focuses on the decline of television ratings for the National Hockey League (NHL). How ratings have dropped while attendance has risen; Why hockey was popular in 1994; The effect of lower salaries on the hockey players; Efforts of Fox Incorporated to make hockey games more viewer-friendly; How...