'Tudors' Reign In Premiere On Showtime
- Midseason Eats Fall's Launch. Hontz, Jenny // Variety;01/18/99, Vol. 373 Issue 9, p53
Provides information on the midseason debut of most television (TV) series. Views of Sandy Grushow, president of 20th Century Fox; Top-rated shows in the last few seasons; Advantages to a midseason launch.
- Spain auds tuning into minis, telepix. Hopewell, John // Daily Variety;1/29/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 20, p6
The article reports on the warm response of Spanish audiences on TV movies and miniseries which in turn urges local producers to look for foreign TV movie and series formats for remakes. The latest topnotch is Antenna 3 TV miniseries "Days Without Light," gaining a 20% share and a 3.3 million...
- 'HATFIELDS' RIDES HIGH. // Daily Variety;6/1/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 43, p4
The article reports on the high audience rating for the finale of Part 3 for the television miniseries program "Hatfields & McCoys" on May 30, 2012 in the U.S.
- Big bow for 'Heroes' Hopewell, John // Daily Variety;2/23/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 40, p7
The article reports that the television program "Heroes" has been a huge success in Spain. Since the premier of the program on February 1, 2007, it gained 80,000-98,000 audience in its first showing then 118,000 to 135,000 in its fourth week. The program is the most seen show of the day on...
- TNT Likes 'West's' Performance. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;8/1/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p4
Reports on the success attained by the television miniseries "Into the West," since June 2005. Comments on the ratings of the television program; Importance of the ratings to the performance of television network TNT; Influence of the television series on older audience in the U.S.
- MAKING MOST OF MINIS. Werts, Diane // Daily Variety;6/15/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 49, pA1
The article focuses on the ratings of television (TV) miniseries and made-for-TV movies. It notes that these formats thrive on cable and public TV. For instance, "Generation Kill" need not high ratings to reinforce the reputation of pay cablers, budgetary might and adult attitude. It points out...
- Miniseries claims 'CSI: Miami' turf. Hopewell, John // Daily Variety;12/18/2008, Vol. 301 Issue 55, p6
The article reports that "El Castigo," a two-part miniseries in Spain has outnumbered the ratings of "CSI: Miami." "El Castigo," airs on Antena 3 and has whipped the Monday primetime opposition which has taken 26.5% share for 4.9 million viewers compared to "CSI: Miami," which scored only 18%...
- Web sezs si to more 'Betty' Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;10/16/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 11, p5
The article announces the telecast of the new series "Ugly Betty," by ABC Entertainment. "Ugly Betty," stars America Ferera as Betty Suarez and is based on megahit telenovela "Yo so Betty la fea." The program is the most watched rookie attracting a maximum viewers placing it in the second...
- 'BETTY' TURNS HEADS. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;10/2/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 1, p5
The article focuses on "Ugly Betty," the net's one-hour comedy series. The article states that according to nationals from Nielsen, the well-reviewed "Ugly Betty" averaged a second-place 5.0 rating/14 share in adults 18-49 and 16.32 million viewers overall. According to the article, "Betty" is...