AMC Makes Franchise Play
- BUYERS FLOCK TO HIGH POINT. Karam, Danah // Daily Variety;7/6/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 1, p10
The article reports that various films and television (TV) drama skeins packages were sold by High Point Media to Central and East European buyers including NBC Universal for Poland, Hungary, and Romania, HBO for Central Europe, and Vitra Film Poland.
- Two cablers make foray into top tier. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/6/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 2, p10
The article focuses on the raid of two cable networks such as AMC and BET of being included in a top-five-rated channel for the given week in the U.S. It can be noted that these networks are launched in one program that included them to the circle of winners. AMC's "Broken Trail" is the...
- Editorial. Kapur, Jyotsna; Kurian, Alka; Wani, Aarti // Studies in South Asian Film & Media;Jun2009, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p199
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Daisy Hasan on the comparison of national television and private channels for the representations of terror in the Indian northeast, one by Rajeev Menon on contrasts of two instances in Malayali cinema, and one by...
- FILMS CHANGE SCENE. Keslassy, Elsa // Daily Variety;7/21/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 9, p22
The article reports on the performance of French television (TV) networks including TF1, M6, and Canal Plus, in which the share of U.S. titles have ramped up, but the number of films broadcast have declined in 2010 compared to 2009.
- BIG BOOT, SMALL BOOT. WELCH, REBECCA; Ramis, Harold // Back Stage (1946-5440);2/18/2016, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p7
The article offers information on revival of several films on television networks in the U.S.
- UPN also marking 10th anni. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;1/21/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 18, pA2
This article focuses on the development of the television network United Paramount Network (UPN). Also celebrating its 10th anniversary this month, the network has finally recovered from years of programming missteps and questions about its very survival. UPN had signed stronger affiliates and...
- Two Discovery Nets Go to the Movies. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;10/16/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p44
Reports the entry of the Animal Planet cable network into the motion picture industry in the United States. Expansion of the Animal Planet outside the cable industry; Releases of specials from the Discovery Communications Inc.; Promotion of an off-channel museum road show by the Discovery channel.
- AMC builds sci-fi with '99,' Seltzer. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/26/2007, Vol. 400 Issue 56, p3
The article reports that the cable television network AMC Entertainment Inc. is producing the science fiction film "99 Stories." The film's script will be written by David Seltzer. James Middleton and Steven Banks will be the executive producers. The film focuses on a group of strangers invited...
- Encore updates its mix of pics. Dempsey, John // Variety;06/29/98, Vol. 371 Issue 8, p18
Announces the upgrading of motion picture lineup in Encore cable television network in 1998. Details on the lineup.