Reaching Out to Diverse Faiths, Viewers
- No Laughing Matter. Honey, Charles // Christianity Today;Oct2009, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p12
The article reports that a Dutch evangelical television station has canceled its proposed program where a comedian lampoons the Gospel of Mark after station supporters threatened to cancel their memberships. Evangelische Omroep or Evangelical Broadcast notes the challenges that Netherland's...
- Game's on time; WB lineup delayed. D.T. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/20/95, Vol. 125 Issue 8, p12
No abstract available.
- WUAB nabs network no. 2. Harrison, Kimberly P. // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/9/95, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p2
Reports that WUAB-TV, Channel 43 has signed a long-term agreement with the WB Television Network to become its local affiliate. Background on WUAB-TV's contract with United Paramount Network's Cleveland outlet; Details on WUAB's alliance with United Paramount and WB Television.
- WGBO-TV talks sale with Spanish net. // Crain's Chicago Business;1/10/94, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p30
Reports on Univision's acquisition of independent television station WGBO-TV/Channel 66 of Chicago, Illinois.
- Closed circuit. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/2/95, Vol. 125 Issue 1, p73
Reports that KYES-TV in Anchorage, Alaska will become an affiliate of WB Television and United Paramount Television.
- WB-backed buy. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/06/97, Vol. 127 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the purchase of television station KWBP by a Warner Brothers Network-supported group. Status of negotiations; WB's support for Communications Equity Associates.
- UPN sues Indiana affiliate that flipped to WB. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;10/05/98, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p1A
Reports that UPN broadcasting network company has filed a law suit against WWAZ-TV television station which claims that UPN had a verbal agreement with the station that stated it would remain affiliated with the network. Details on the lawsuit; Views of John Engelbrecht, president of South...
- UPN affils in Buffalo, Pittburgh. Hontz, Jenny // Variety;02/02/98, Vol. 369 Issue 12, p20
Reports that UPN has signed an affiliation agreement with WNPA. Date of effectivity of the agreement; Previous secondary affiliation agreement of UPN.
- TV stations. Miles, Laureen // MediaWeek;6/13/94, Vol. 4 Issue 24, p8
Reports on Univision Television Group's (UTG) agreement to acquire KXLN in Houston, Texas. UTG as the largest Hispanic station group in the United States; Jose Adan Trevino as station owner; UTG's acquisition of WGBO in Chicago, Illinois in May 1994.