More Watch TV Out of Home
- Hanging up on IPL. Behl, Tejeesh N. S. // Business Today;6/29/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p22
The article reports on the increase in viewership for general entertainment channels as the Indian Premiere League (IPL) season is near drawing to a close. According to the article, the change in viewers' habit has affected the official IPL broadcaster, Sony Television and its sister channel,...
- From Street Corner to Living Room: Domestication of TV Culture and National Time/Narrative. SHUN'YA YOSHIMI // Mechademia;2014, Vol. 9, p126
The essay explores the privileged value that Japanese gave to watching television as a national pastime, and traces the history of television as a technology installed in street corner locations showing wrestling and other sports broadcasts for Japanese crowds. Televisions were also utilized to...
- A Big Boost for March Madness. Neff, Jack // Television Week;4/7/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p3
The article presents findings of a study on out-of-home viewership in the U.S., conducted by Nielsen Media Research. According to findings, March Madness was always a big event, but out-of-home viewership has made it considerably bigger, with an untracked audience about a quarter the size of...
- Dispatch from Mali: Democracy at Play Soccer Coverage and Viewing for All. Ly, Anh // Framework: The Journal of Cinema & Media;Spring2007, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p97
The article discusses the positive response of television viewers on the television coverage of soccer in Mali. L'Office de Radio et TÃ©lÃ©vision Maliens (ORTM) has decided to air soccer matches to answer the viewers' passion for the sport. The success reflects the democratization of...
- Orienteering on TV - great potential. Persson, Björn // Orienteering World;Nov2010, Vol. 2010, p10
The article discusses the potential of orienteering as a television (TV) sport. Orienteering becomes more visible on TV as in the case in Czech Republic where viewers rate the sport as equal to basketball. Producer Karel Jonak says that orienteering has a potential as a TV sport by using GPS...
- Introduction: Media Audiences and Reception. // Velvet Light Trap: A Critical Journal of Film & Television;Fall98, Issue 42, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including Barbara Klinger's essay analyzing the elevation of the cultural status of domestic television viewing through new home theater technology and another which examines local audience behavior and the censorship movement.
- TV viewing is now another problem to manage. DALEY, KIM // West County Journal;8/24/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 34, pA8
The author discusses the problems associated with television (TV) viewing given the many channels available and presence of devices that enable one to streamline movies to TV and skip through commercials.
- Reasons to be cheerful as TV viewing goes on the rise. Beale, Claire // Televisual;May2010, p17
The article focuses on the increase television viewing in Great Britain.
- STAT OF THE WEEK. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/18/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 31, p4
The article reports that 64 percent of television viewers prefer to watch their favorite programs in the group setting, according to a poll conducted by market research firm YouGov for BroadStream Solutions.