Word to Locals: Set Service Standards
- Complaints about councilors' conduct soar. Hirst, Judy // Public Finance;9/6/2002, p7
Reports on increased complaints against British local councilors filed under a new code of conduct in the Local Government Act of 2002. Scope and application of the Act; Nature of the complaints; Adjudication of complaints under the Act.
- And the winner is... // American City & County;Aug95, Vol. 110 Issue 9, p71
Presents developments concerning local governments and local government officials in the United States as of August 1995. Phoenix, Arizona city clerk office's winning of a Technology Ward of Excellence from the International Institute of Municipal Clerks; Narragansett Water Pollution Control...
- Collective Bargaining and the Attitudes of Local Government Personnel Managers. Nigro, Lloyd G.; DeMarco, John J. // Public Personnel Management;1980, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p160
Focuses on the attitudes of local government personnel managers on collective bargaining (CB). Introduction of attitudes on patterns and variations; Growth of CB in local government Issues on the right to strike; Problems on budgeting in the local government.
- Securing technology patent rights. Simons, William // American City & County;Apr2003, Vol. 118 Issue 4, p8
Presents advice for U.S. local government officials on securing technology patent rights for the inventions of local government employees. Ways to acquire rights to patent ownership; Suggested approach to be taken in case of the absence of a patent agreement; Significance of understanding laws...
- Musical chairs. Shlevin, Loran; Pontier, Glenn // Human Rights;Fall94, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p28
In what would later be characterized as government by musical chairs, the residents of the village of Monticello, in New York's Catskill Mountains, woke one morning in 1993 to a slate of government officials that was quite different from the one they had elected. For reasons that are still...
- CosLA rejects plans to deregulate pensions. // Public Finance;11/26/93, p3
Reports on the rejection made by the Convention of Scottish Local Authorities on the plans to deregulate the local government pension scheme. Projected results of the deregulation; Warning by CosLA secretary general Roy MacIver; Response by the United Kingdom Steering Committee on superannuation.
- In brief. // Public Finance;12/10/93, p3
Reports on the results of the survey conducted by the Local Government Management Board which shows that the public service ethic is still strong in local government in Great Britain.
- Pay talks totter towards strike action. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;04/06/2001, p7
Reports on the continuing deadlock in the local government pay negotiations in Great Britain as the April 20, 2001 settlement deadline approaches. Warning about a possible strike by the three main local government unions.
- Local Government in Ireland. Zumwalt, May Louise // Public Management (00333611);Jul2002, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the local government in Ireland. Power and responsibilities of local authorities; Appointment/dismissal practices and tenure policies for city managers and other top local government employees; Irish approach to public housing.