Charter Renews Golf, Versus
- Charter Lines Up Loans to Buy Comcast Subs. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;8/4/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p24
The article discusses plans of American cable television firm Charter Communications gathering the funds to go ahead with its planned purchase of about 1.4 million customers from broadcasting company Comcast, after Comcast closes its pending 69 billion U.S. dollars merger with Time Warner Cable.
- D3 deployment updates. // CED;Sep2009, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the deployment of Comcast Corp.'s D3 service in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and San Francisco, California. It states that Comcast deployed the D3 service in about 50% of its entire footprint in July 2009. It notes that Comcast has announced that it would deploy D3 service...
- Gospel Gains BFC Berths. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/7/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p10
The article reports on the agreement between Black Family Channel (BFC) and Gospel Music Channel concerning the transfer of BFC's 16 million subscribers to the music service in the U.S. The move will completely shut the network's linear cable network. However, owners of BFC will still hold...
- Comcast, Sinclair Agree On Retrans. Bednarski, P. J. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/12/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 11, p22
The article reports a contract agreement between cable systems operator Comcast Corp, and Sinclair Broadcast Group for the retransmission rights for Sinclair's local television station signals. The two parties are cited giving conflicting accounts of the deal's terms. Comcast declared it had not...
- Cablers Are Mad About iPad. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p20
The article reports on the plans of Comcast Corp. and CableLabs to release iPad tablet-based remotes in changing the channel to enhance television (TV) experience in the cable industry in the U.S.
- LEADERSHIP AWARD: Comcast. // CableFAX Magazine;Jul2010, p21
The article features Comcast Corp., a cable company which has received the leadership award from the periodical "CableFAX: The Magazine."
- X1 Licensing: One Size Might Not Fit All. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;9/21/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p17
The article focuses on the efforts of telecom company Comcast for licensing the X1, a cloud computing-based, internet protocol-capable video platform, from the company, as of September 2015, and mentions the challenges facing the independent cable operators due to paid television services.
- The Innovation Chasm and the Big Six. Hassan, Daniel // Multichannel News;6/6/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p31
The article offers the author's insights regarding the innovation gap of the top six cable operators in the U.S. including Comcast Corp., Time Warner Cable Inc. and Cablevision Systems Corp.
- Roberts: Cable's Winning the Fight. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p37
The article reports on the advantages gained by U.S. cable industry despite the entry of telephone companies in the video market. According to Comcast Corp. chief executive officer Brian Roberts, more than half of its new high-speed Internet customers deserted from less-expensive,...