Solid Start for MLB Net
- Cable TV Operators Forced to Change. Moresco, Justin // Red Herring;1/2/2008, p2
The article focuses on a report released by In-Stat regarding the services of cable television (TV) operators in the U.S. According to the report, increased competition in the pay-TV market in the country is driving cable TV operators to invest in their networks and launch new services. U.S....
- It's Showtime for Pay TV Net. Hibberd, James // Television Week;2/9/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the success of the premiere of "The L Word" by Showtime cable TV in the U.S. in January 2004. Efforts done by Showtime in marketing and promoting the program; Information on the plans of the network to launch a rebranding campaign; Comparison of the advertising budget of Showtime and...
- MegaMillions:. // CableFAX Daily;8/31/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 169, p2
The article reports that new television networks have reached 90 million subscriptions. These include MTV, HGTV, ABC Family, History, Adult Swim, Cartoon, VH1, Food Net, Fox News, Comedy Central, CNBC and FX. This information is according to Nielsen Media Research.
- CABLE TELEVISION. Martin, Denise; Levine, Stuart // Variety;1/12/2004, Vol. 393 Issue 8, pA9
Presents an update on cable television networks in the U.S. as of January 2004. Television program lineup of HBO for 2004; Increase in the ratings for the Sunday night National Football League games of ESPN; Golden Globe series nominees earned by FX.
- Cable Industry Looks To Dump CableCARD. Wolpin, Stewart // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/30/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p34
This article considers the possible impact of the complete deployment of the Open Cable Applications Platform (OCAP) on the use of CableCARD as the key to secure access to cable programming in the U.S. With OCAP, cable subscribers would download their security and conditional access codes using...
- Pay TV cease-fire in sight. Edmunds, Marlene // Variety;10/14/96, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p52
Reports on developments related to pay TV in Scandinavia as of October 14, 1996. Region-based pay TV channels TV1000 and FilmNet's efforts to establish a joint venture; Background on the channels' business operations.
- Sports leagues playing the pay-per-view game. May, Rebecca // Electronic Media;10/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p12
Reports the expansion of program offerings of iN Demand, the cable television leading pay-per-view network in the United States. Lists of out-of-market sports offerings; Previews of service; Highlights of the programs offered.
- More subs for IFC. J.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/96, Vol. 126 Issue 19, p90
Reports that Independent Film Channel has increased its subscription by signing agreement with Cox Communications to carry IFC programs from July 1, 1996. Value of deal; Inclusion of `Animation Celebration: The Best of the International Tournee of Animation' in IFC's programming; Hosting of...
- Channel 4 stumps up. // Sight & Sound;Dec98, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p37
Reports on the launching of FilmFour, a subscription film channel which will be premiered on cable, satellite and on Channel 4 in Great Britain. Speculation on the decision by the England and Wales Cricket Board to spin off; Features of the FilmFour; Influence of FilmFour on Britain's cinematic...