Discovery Eyes More Green
- Discovery HD for Europe. Stout, Andy // TVB Europe;Dec2006, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p33
The article reports that Intelsat's PAS-12 satellite will be used by Discovery Communications to beam Discovery HD to Europe. Intelsat claims that its agreement with Discovery marks the start of a whole new distribution alternative to channels looking to deliver HD across Europe. The Discovery...
- Discovery begins offering mobile services in Europe. // New Media Age;12/18/2003, p3
Reports that Discovery Networks International has launched mobile communication services in Europe. Features of the mobile services; Role of Vodafone in the mobile services launched by Discovery in Great Britain; Plan of Discovery to provide wireless content through the Vodafone Live! portal.
- Discovery abandons brick and mortar. // Shopping Centers Today;Jul2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p43
The article announces the closure of 103 Discovery Channel Stores in 31 states of the U.S. According to president and chief executive officer (CEO) David Zaslav, the decision to close these stores was formalized after considering their costs and their complicacy to be operated. Instead, the...
- Zaslav: Discovery Still Tapping Int'l Opportunities. Reynolds, Mike // Broadcasting & Cable;12/5/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 45, p12
The article reports on the statement of president and chief executive officer David Zaslav of Discovery Communications LLC that the company has continuously top the international opportunities for the media company, and delivers content in 48 languages in more than 142 networks in 210 countries.
- Discovery plucks Peacock player. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;11/17/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 35, p1
The article reports on the appointment of David Zaslav as president and CEO of Discovery Communications Inc. in New York City. Zaslav, who formerly served as president of cable and domestic television at NBC Universal Inc., will replace Judith McHale. The author then details how Zaslav got...
- A Process of Re-Discovery. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;2/11/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 6, p24
The article discusses the significant role of John Ford, President of Discovery Channel, on reclaiming the spot of Discovery as the preeminent non-fiction cable channel in the U.S. According to Discovery Chief Executive Officer (CEO) David Zaslav, Ford understands brands and how to deliver great...
- Discovery Shutters Stores. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;5/21/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p2
The article reports that David Zaslav, chief executive officer of U.S.-based Discovery Communications Inc., may be planning to review the company's international division following the closure of 103 Discovery Channel stores. The division represents more than 100 networks and employs 900...
- TV talk shop sets keynote. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;8/8/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 21, p12
The article reports that David Zaslav of Discovery Communications LLC will give the international keynote address at Royal Society Cambridge Convention at King's College in London, England on September 14, 2011.
- Zaslav Bytes Discovery. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;2/12/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p5
The article focuses on the new CEO of Discovery Communications David Zaslav. Zaslav plans to develop a "lean and aggressive organization" by reducing the company's organizational chart. Zaslav discusses his plans to incorporate digital media into the network's distribution scheme, and comments...