Winding Up 'VOD in a Box'
- VOD for the Little Guys. Weinschenk, Carl // Communications Technology;Sep2007, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p8
The article offers news briefs related to Video on demand (VOD) industry in the U.S. C-Cor Inc. and Comcast Media Center will provide Phonoscope Cable with companies' VOD in a BOX, a platform that is optimized for systems with a minimum of 5,000 subscribers. William D. Bauer, president and chief...
- VOD service much in demand in Philly. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;10/17/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the increased usage of video-on-demand in the digital platform of Comcast Cable Communications Inc. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Rate of increase; Factors influencing the increase; Features of the package offered by Comcast.
- Comcast Give TLC to VOD, Enlisting Box Vendors' Help . Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;7/9/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p33
Focuses on the video-on-demand plans of Comcast Corporation. Enlistment of technical life preservers; Partnership with SciCare Broadband Services; Views of MSO vice president of digital television Mark Hess on the decision.
- VOD makes car buying easier than root canal. Halliday, Jean // Advertising Age;5/29/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 22, p8
This article reports on the decision of DriverTV to partner with cable television firm Comcast in November 2005 to run-free video-on-demand profiles of new vehicles. Since March it has been available to Time Warner and Cox digital-cable subscribers and in 400,000 hotel rooms via Liberty Media's...
- CMC develops VOD valuation tool. // CED;Jan2009, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the initiative of Comcast Media Center (CMC) of developing a video-on-demand (VOD) Valuation Tool to help cable operators assess on return on investment (ROI) of launching an HD VOD service. The tool works with "VOD in a Box," a service that delivers up to 3,300 hours of...
- X Files: Comcast Gets More Explicit Adult Fare. // CableFAX Daily;8/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 157, p1
The article reports on the plans of Comcast Cable Communications Corp. to release XX video on-demand content. The company began the switch from X to XX content in 2005 in the U.S. and continues to roll out the more explicit adult programming market by market. It is noted that New Frontier...
- Digital, HSD Grow at Comcast; Cash Flow Improves Markedly. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);8/5/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p8
Looks at the financial results of cable news multiple systems operator, Comcast Cable in the second quarter of 2002. Rate of increase in operating cash flow; Growth in digital and high-speed data subscribers; Focus of Comcast on video-on-demand. INSET: COMCAST PERFORMS AS STOCK DOESN'T.
- CABLE VOD RISING. Wolf, Jessica // Home Media Retailing;10/30/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 44, p22
Reports that Comcast will offer additional movies through its On Demand portal in the U.S. in October 2005. List of films included in the service; Advantages of the service.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);1/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p29
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of January 27, 2003. Server launched by video-on-demand vendor nCube; High definition transmission of the Super Bowl by Comcast Cable; Number of customers of Vonage.