Black History Programming
- Cable programmers reap high July ratings. // Adweek Western Edition;8/14/95, Vol. 45 Issue 33, p12
Reports on the ratings gained by broadcast networks in the United States for the first three weeks of July 1995. Nick at Nite; Lifetime; USA Network.
- looking for a fight. Schmuckler, Eric // MediaWeek;4/1/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p22
Reports on the competition in children's television programming in the U.S. Ratings of television networks Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network; Criticism against the programs of Nickelodeon; Details on the television programs of Disney Channel; Other television networks competing in children's...
- VH1's upfront, by extension. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/03/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 14, p34
Presents information about different television programs to be launched by VH1 cable television network in the United States. Includes `Sound Effects'; `Don't Quote Me'; `100 Greatest.'
- Buzz Off. Bianculli, David // Broadcasting & Cable;7/21/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 28, p10
The article discusses the increasing competition among television networks in the U.S. It cites that the broadcast networks have increasingly ceded the competition to cable, and even broadband. It also cites that while it is true that most cable shows still get little viewership compare to...
- Cartoon draws from new studio. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p8
Reports that Cartoon Network is stepping up its animated television program output in the United States in 2001. Opening of the Burbank Animation Studio; List of animated television programs to be launched by the cable television network; Total value in programming budget allocated by Cartoon...
- Soap bubbling up for Disney. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;04/05/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the ratings success of the Soap Net, a division of Walt Disney Corp., in the United States. Rank in primetime among all basic-cable networks in women 25-54 for the first quarter of 2001; Composition of the network's primetime schedule; Expected growth in the number of subscribers.
- Kids upfront is sorta flat. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;05/01/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 19, p10
Reports on developments related to the television broadcasting industry in the United States as of May 1, 2000. Upfront market for children's television program; Nickelodeon's loss of market share.
- Cable's young love. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;1/7/2001, Vol. 132 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the broadcasting success of The National Network (TNN), The Hallmark Channel and Cable News Network's Heal Line News in the United States. Percentage of viwers' rating in TNN 'World Wrestling Federation' wrestling and 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' among adults; Increase of viewers...
- Lifetime Spins Off Reality. Mitchell, Kim // Multichannel News;6/4/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p76
Reports the launching of Lifetime Real Women, a genre-based spinoff network of Lifetime Television in the United States. Programs aired by Lifetime Real Women; Schedule for the opening of the network; Strategic plans of the management of Lifetime.
- Nick, Bravo Step Up Original Productions. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p20
Reports developments on television industry in the U.S. as of March 2002. Number of animated series for 2002â€“2003 season announced by Nickelodeon; Presentation of five original series by Bravo at press luncheon; Acquisition of the off-Home Box Office series 'The Larry Sanders Show.'