Youth Nets Expect Surge as People Meters Hit Campus
- BARC week 34: Colors topples Star Plus to capture numero uno slot in Hindi GECs. // Indiantelevision.com;9/3/2015, p5
The article discusses the highlights of the ratings report released by the Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) India. Topics covered include the top ranking position of Hindi language Indian general entertainment channel Colors, the rankings of other Indian channels like Star Plus, Zee TV...
- Couch Potatoes, Enjoy. // Business Today;8/22/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p24
Multiple diagrams are presented including one that depicts the increase in number of television (TV) channels in India between 2004 to 2009, another presenting the data on TV ownership among Indian households, and another on the dominating TV channel in the Indian market.
- Giving It the College Try. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;2/5/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p8
The article discusses the impact of television viewing by college students on viewer ratings. Nielsen Media Research included college viewers in its national people meter sample, which caused a bump in ratings for the 18-24 age group. Researchers don't expect a large impact on overall network...
- SUBCONTINENTAL DIVIDE. Bhushan, Nyay // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/5/2007, Vol. 400 Issue 54, pS18
The article focuses on the booming television industry of India. As per a report, the $4.2 billion revenue which the industry generates annually will reach $13.1 billion by 2011. As per another report, the Indian television market will generate $ 10 billion by 2011, up from $4.2 billion in 2006,...
- Ratings slam for Fox? Lafayette, Jon // Crain's Chicago Business;10/6/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p20
The article reports that Fox Broadcasting Co. is expecting increase in television ratings during Major League Baseball postseason, because of the involvement of markets including Chicago, Los Angeles and Philadelphia. As of last week, the advertising sales of Fox Sports, a Fox Broadcasting Co....
- Distribution is the hang-up. J.H. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 18, p6
Reports the plan of installing a gay cable network from Showtime and MTV. Company operation on films and stuff; Management scheme on cable operators; Improvement of the programming systems.
- Cable TV. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;12/13/99, Vol. 9 Issue 47, p13
Provides update on cable television networks in the United States as of December 1999. Two films from MTV under the Original Movies for Television division; Deal of The Box music video channel with HyperTV Networks; Deal of USA Networks with MGM.
- Hits do wonders for MTV, FX. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/1/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 27, p12
Reports the business performance of cable television networks on airing blockbuster shows. Status of FX and MTV on telecast of hit shows; Survey provided by Nielsen Media Research; Success of the original drama shows of Lifetime.
- Cable TV. // MediaWeek;04/13/98, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p17
Provides information on cable television networks. The Travel Channel's prime-time block; Licensing agreement of MTV Networks with Biz Entertainment, a media company in Russia; Home Box Office's multiplex packages of services.