Nielsen Rival Pulling in $25M Cash
- A New TV Rating Method; Bag Sample, Take Census. McClellan, Steve // Adweek;7/18/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 28, p9
This article presents information on a new approach of determining television ratings by erinMedia LLC, owned by Florida entrepreneur Frank Maggio. Nielsen Media Research Inc.'s approach to ratings measurement has been, and continues to be, the subject of criticism. erinMedia has charged that...
- Judge: Proceed With Nielsen Suit. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;11/28/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 50, p34
Reports that a Florida judge Susan Bucklew has ruled that TV-ratings provider ErinMedia can proceed with its antitrust lawsuit against Nielsen Media Research. Facts of the case; Comments given by ErinMedia chairman and CEO Frank Maggio on the ruling.
- Nielsen, Arbitron Agree to Agree. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;06/05/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the June 2000 announcement of Nielsen Media Research and Arbitron Co. that they will cooperate on a test of Arbitron's portable people meter for measuring multimedia audience-ratings. Terms of the deal; Possibility of a joint venture between the two ratings companies; How the...
- Nielsen Moves Cautiously On LPMs in D.C., Philly. B�rgi, Michael // MediaWeek;6/6/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p8
Reports that Nielsen Media Research has extended the period during which it will offer both existing metered-market ratings service and its new local people meter (LPM) service in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Washington, D.C. in June 2005. Statement issued by Nielsen regarding its extended...
- Nielsen combines data with Facebook to assess branding. McEleny, Charlotte // New Media Age;1/28/2010, p04
The article reports on the plan of Nielsen and Facebook to introduce the measurement service called Brandlift in Great Britain in 2010 to measure the impact of online brand advertising.
- Nielsen Primetime Ratings Report. // Daily Variety;8/20/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 33, p15
The article lists the August 2008 Nielsen Media Research Inc. primetime ratings report which includes top cable networks, top shows in 12-34, and top shows in 18-49.
- It's Official: NBC Wins 18-49 Race. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;12/9/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 50, p16
Reports on rating points according to Nielsen's national numbers for various television channels for the month of November 2002. Position of various channels on ratings chart; Table of data for comparison of performance of the networks in November 2002 and 2001; Plans of networks regarding...
- NIELSEN/ Nov. 25-Dec. / RATINGS. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/9/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 50, p18
Presents Nielsen ratings for various television programs in the U.S. as of December 9, 2002. Points for American Broadcasting Co.'s Primetime; Rank of Fox entertainment network's Boston Public.
- NBC's Sun. 'Dreams' come true. Collins, Scoff // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/1/2002, Vol. 375 Issue 22, p4
Focuses on television ratings status of several programs in the United States based on preliminary figures provided by Nielsen Media Research Inc. Improvement in ratings of 'American Dreams,' airing on NBC; Effect of the seventh-season premiere of 'The Practice' of ABC at 10:00 P.M.on ratings...