Nickelodeon Study: Tech Is Central to Family Life
- Modemocracy in action. Krantz, Michael // Brandweek;11/7/94, Vol. 35 Issue 43, p28
Discusses the effects of technological innovations in information gathering and distribution on the American society. Control given to consumers; Prediction of chaos created by continued diversity in mass media; Changes on traditional cultural assumptions and upbringing.
- Viewer opinions sought. Hay, Carla // Billboard;09/26/98, Vol. 110 Issue 39, p5
Examines the efforts undertaken by Music Television (MTV) to identify and describe their target audience. Their different varieties of research methods; The telephone-based Omnibus studies; The purpose of their Ethnography study being the systematic study of different cultures; The information...
- MTV Networks hits the right note. Dean, Richard // TVB Europe;Feb2011, p12
The article discusses the media centre concept of MTV Networks North in Amsterdam, New York. It states that the concept is controlled by the MediaGeniX WHAT'Son channel management and playlist system. It notes that the approach is well suited to automated playout and is equally at home with live...
- breaking news. // New Media Age;12/2/2010, p03
This section offers news briefs related to the media industry including the launch by MTV of a website to support youth-focused show "Me, Myself & HIV" and competitions being run by J20 across ASOS and a campaign site to promote its sub-brand White Blend.
- MTV stays at the forefront. Charlton, Bob // TVB Europe;Oct2010, p52
The article discusses how MTV Networks International's content is delivered in a new media world.
- Youth Nets Expect Surge as People Meters Hit Campus. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p19
The article reports that cable networks anticipate a boost in their ratings after Nielsen Media Research Inc. has extended its National People Meter data to the viewing ratings of college students living outside the home. It is stated that it is the first time that the company included the...
- Survey shows new media can be compatible with old. Jeffrey, Don // Billboard;07/11/98, Vol. 110 Issue 28, p49
Reports on a survey taken by MTV Networks regarding how individuals spend their leisure time. How the network ensured that plenty of kids and teenagers were included in the survey; Comments of MTV's Betsy Frank; How the survey found that old media, such as radio, are coexisting with new media,...
- Speaking Of PEOPLE. // Ebony;Jun2006, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p12
Features several African American executives. Information on Ronald Williams, CEO and president of health insurance company Aetna Inc.; Career background of Marsha E. Williams, senior vice president of research & planning at Nickelodeon Networks; Facts about Jimmie Walton Paschall, executive...
- Survey of Americans and technology. Glitman, Russell // PCWorld;Sep94, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p62
Discusses the `Technology in the American Household' survey by the Times Mirror Center for the People and the Press. Personality of personal computer users; Attitudes of Americans toward technology and computers; Accessibility of the information superhighway; Discrepancy of children's access to...