Nets Head Off to Campus
- SoapNet Aims Younger. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p9
The article reports that SoapNet's soap opera-based content is targeting on youngsters in the U.S. According to the author, the network is aiming at younger viewers through acquisitions and original programming such as its first scripted series "General Hospital Night Shift," launching this...
- Days Gets Additional Lives on SoapNet. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;12/15/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 50, p5
Reports on the acquisition of the U.S. television soap opera "Days of Our Lives" from Sony Pictures Television by SoapNet. Estimated value of the deal; Significance of the program to the firm; Background on the negotiations between the two firms.
- SoapNet Adds 'Young & Restless' Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;3/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p38
Reports that television network SoapNet has secured airing rights to the top-rated soap opera "The Young and the Restless," from Sony Pictures Television. Details of the multiyear deal; Changes in the evening lineup of the network with the addition of the soap opera; Average household rating of...
- SOAPnet. // Advertising Age;2008 Cable Guide, Vol. 79, pC76
The article focuses on the cable television network SOAPnet. The network's programming is primarily reruns of daytime soap opera programs and serial prime time television programs. It will debut a reality television program featuring the wives of professional hockey players in the 2008-2009 season.
- SoapNet Awash in April Emmy Stunts. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;4/3/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p22
Focuses on the coverage of the Daytime Emmy Awards by SoapNet cable television network in April 2006. Overview of the television shows related to the awards shown and will be shown on the network; Premiere of the "Young and the Restless," whose rights were acquired from Sony Pictures...
- SOAPnet. // Advertising Age;5/3/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 18, pC60
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the cable television network SOAPnet. The network's programming for the 2010-2011 season is discussed. The network presents rebroadcasts of broadcast television network soap operas such as "All My Children" and "The Young and the...
- CLASS OF 3000. Smith, Eric L. // Multichannel News;10/30/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p42
The article reviews the television program "Class of 3000," starring AndrÃ© Benjamin.
- Target: New Soap Fans. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;7/21/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p20
The article discusses the marketing campaign of ABC Daytime and Soapnet to widen the base of drama viewers in the U.S. The campaign dubbed as "Take a look" will look new viewers since soap audience tends to rise in the summer. It is stated that the campaign may reach people who enjoy reality...
- A Passion for Sudsy Story Lines. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;5/9/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 19, special section pS1
Discusses the factors that contributed to the success of SoapNet that was launched by Disney ABC Cable Networks in 2000. Advantages of the viewer's devotion to dramatic television programs to the network; Comparison of share in primetime programming between SoapNet and Lifetime; Sponsors of the...