- 'EARTH' RULES BUT CRITICS BURY 'HEART'. Hibberd, James // Television Week;7/9/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p17
The article reports that "Planet Earth," dominated the non-series category in the semi-annual Critics Poll. The high definition television program was named as best special, movie or miniseries due to its lavish visuals and dedication to finding never-seen-before wildlife shots. Longtime best...
- 65 Million Off of 'Earth' Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/7/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p127
The article reports on the increasing rating of the natural history program entitled "Planet Earth," aired on Discovery Channel in the U.S. The television program was able to reach more than 65 million viewers. During its debut, it averaged a 3.3 Nielsen Media Research household rating. The...
- SCIENCE AND NATURAL HISTORY. // Televisual;Spring2007 Winners Supplement, p25
The article announces that "Planet Earth," "Coast," and "Animals in the Womb" are the recipients of the Best Science and Natural History Award from the 2007 Televisual Bulldog Awards.
- BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY. // Televisual;Spring2007 Winners Supplement, p37
The article announces that "Planet Earth," "Galapagos," and "The Line of Beauty" are the recipients of the Best Cinematography Award from the 2007 Televisual Bulldog Awards.
- BEST AUDIO. // Televisual;Spring2007 Winners Supplement, p35
The article announces that "Planet Earth," "How Music Works With Howard Goodall," and "Hogfather" are the recipients of the Best Audio Award from the 2007 Televisual Bulldog Awards.
- 'Planet' team puts nature in sharper focus. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;6/16/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 50, pA1
The article reports on the popularity of Discovery Channel's "Planet Earth" and "When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions" in high-definition (HD) format. Discovery Channel President John Ford explains that both programs are popular in HD than in standard definition. He adds that HD has been a...
- Digital Betacam goes HD. // TVB Europe;May2006, Vol. 15 Issue 5, preceidng p1
The article reports on the increase in the usage of HDCAM format for high-end television broadcasting in Europe. The technology is the top choice for domestic and international productions due to its quality and reliability. High-profile productions that demonstrate the format's on-screen...
- GONE WITH THE WINDS. CARSON, TOM // Los Angeles Magazine;Sep2015, p92
The article discusses about television programs of the 1980's and how they have changed now and today the shows one identifes with mainly reflect how privileged or not one is.
- "TV: The Global Wasteland.". // Columbia Journalism Review;Sep/Oct1977, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p96
This article discusses then article "TV: The Global Wasteland," an Atlas Report which was published in the July 1977 issue of the "Atlas World Press Review." In France, family dependence on television (TV) had reached such proportions that one has the impression that a broken TV is more serious...