Networks See Digital as a Mixed Blessing
- Una mirada sobre la construcciÃ³n de sentido religioso en la televisiÃ³n. Sierra G., Luis Ignacio // Theologica Xaveriana;2007, Vol. 57 Issue 162, p287
This paper intends to focus on a concrete contemporary phenomenon: the construction of religious meaning in television. It tries to articulate the logic of the media precesses in the construction of meaning, given the pertinence of the media in the configuration of new meanings, applied...
- La telefÃ©: religiÃ³n mediatizada. SIERRA, LUIS IGNACIO // Signo y Pensamiento;1/1/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p232
In this text, the author presents a report of his doctoral research in social communication titled "Tele-faith: Mass-media Religion: Strategies for the Experiencing of Religious Meaning by Tele-faithful Viewers of the Rede Vida Television Network in Porto Alegre, R.S., Brazil". The research...
- PART V: MARKET FOCUS: CHAPTER 30: FAITH-BASED MEDIA. // Entertainment, Media & Advertising Market Research Handbook;2007, Issue 9, p189
Chapter 30 of "The 2007 Entertainment, Media & Advertising Market Research Handbook" is presented. It examines the faith-based media in the U.S. Christianity has most prominently entered the mainstream in media and entertainment through motion pictures and novels including the film "The Passion...
- The Economic Response of Religious Television Stations to Digital Implementation. Schultz, Brad // Journal of Communication & Religion;Nov2005, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p307
A theoretical model of organizational behavior (Oliver, 1991) was applied to religious television stations in the U.S. to assess their economic responses to the digital television conversion. Results showed that religious stations are more likely to abandon or reduce operations, but have strong...
- A Master of Religious Media: The Career of Rev. Matthew Meehan, C.Ss.R., 1947-1998. HAVEY, M. C. // Historical Studies;2013, Vol. 79, p41
For 50 years, Rev. Matthew Meehan, C.Ss.R., hosted radio and television shows and published articles in newspapers and magazines. This article examines the Redemptorist priest's successful longevity in the media. While steadfast in simple themes of family and home life, Meehan adjusted to the...
- Confessing Christ. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);9/19/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p7
The article presents information on a television program related to Christianity presented by the Whitney Church of Christ in Whitney, Texas.
- Hope. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);11/ 7/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p9
The article presents information on the telecasting of a television program related to hope by the Whitney, Texas Church of Christ on November 11, 2012.
- Prepare For Worship. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/ 1/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p3
The article presents information on the telecasting of a worship related program by the Whitney Church of Christ in Whitney, Texas.
- 'Christian Nation' Video Removed From Calif. City Channel. // Church & State;Dec2006, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p3
The article reports that WallBuilders' videos were removed from the city-supported station, Channel 24, after receiving a complaint from a resident in El Cajon, California in October 2006. Religious Right member David Barton, founder of Wallbuilders Inc., argues that the U.S. is a Christian...