- Pushing the raunch envelope. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/18/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p24
Reports developments in the broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of March 2002. Criticism on Comedy Central and MTV for television program indecency; Telecast of television program 'Season on the Brink' in ESPN television station; Success of the HBO program 'The Shield'.
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/18/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 26, p28
Presents a news roundup pertaining to the broadcasting and cable industry in the United States, as of June 18, 2001. Teamup between WE:Women's Entertainment network and 'Vogue' magazine to create a special on upcoming fall fashions; Agreement of TechTV and 'BusinessWeek' magazine to share...
- Montgomery County Goes Live. KOVACS, BOB // Government Video;Jun2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on how Montgomery County, Maryland's Office of Cable and Communications has come up with a plan to feed simultaneous programs to different county population centers, using government channels on three local cable companies. It is informed that the county used Internet in the...
- TV confronts a tangled Web. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;03/20/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 12, p58
Reports on the discussion of the Internet's impact on television at the New York NATAS TV/Internet conference held in March 2000. Challenge of developing content for both television and the Internet; Music Television's experimentation with TV-Internet convergence with the launch of webRiot, a...
- `I want my MTV...online'. Berniker, Mark // Broadcasting & Cable;7/17/95, Vol. 125 Issue 29, p42
Reports on the online programming of MTV on the Internet. Positioning as the preeminent source for information about pop music; Work with recording labels; Previous relationship with America Online.
- MTV Sleaze on Internet. // Quill;Jan94, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p24
Reports on the availability of the Cyber-Sleaze electronic report from MTV on the Internet.
- Channel 4 to increase online spending. Dunkley, Cathy // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;01/18/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 18, p171
Reports on plans of the British commercial terrestrial broadcaster Channel 4 to quadruple its Internet spending to 15 million pounds. Plan to launch six online businesses; Other plans including film site, movie database horse racing site and linked educational sites.
- IPTV's biggest challenge: Growing the market. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;2/20/2006, Vol. 247 Issue 3, p10
The article reports the biggest challenge faced by the telecommunications industry on how to increase its market obtaining Internet Protocol Television service . The 12th annual report of the Federal Communications Commission on video competition resulted to a decline market share of the...
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.