NCTC Seeks Arbitration
- Cable One Opts for ESPN Deal. Moss, Linda; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the expected agreement of Cable One Inc. on the long-term deal arranged by the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) with sports network ESPN as of March 15, 2004. Terms of the deal between the NCTC and ESPN; Statement from Jerry McKenna, strategic marketing vice president of...
- Co-Op Checks OLN Carriage. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p16
Presents updates on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of November 2005. Information on a lawsuit filed by National Cable Television Cooperative against cable network OLN at a Kansas District State Court for violation of a multiyear deal; Renewal of the television rights package of...
- Fox's sporting chance. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;07/12/99, Vol. 129 Issue 29, p23
Focuses on United States-based sports cable television network Fox Sports Net. Network as subsidiary of News Corp.; Network's goal of competing with and surpassing rival ESPN.
- The Puck Stops Here. // CableFAX Daily;11/9/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 218, p1
The article reports on a breach of contract lawsuit filed by National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) against Outdoor Life Network (OLN) in the U.S. in 2005. OLN refused to provide its National Hockey League programming to multi-service operators that do not participate in its OLN Plus...
- Fox: It's NCTC's Fault. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/7/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p29
The article reports on the letter sent by Fox Cable Networks to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) saying that it has not stonewalled the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) regarding negotiations for carriage of regional sports networks. The letter denies allegations made...
- Fox Midwest Drops Were Short Lived. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p12
Focuses on the temporary pull-out of Fox Sports Midwest from cable systems in the U.S. Dispute over rate increase; Failure to reach contractual terms; Details of the conflict.
- Fox sports adds news shows. Umstead // Multichannel News;01/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p58
Reports that Fox Sports Net regional networks will produce and distribute local sport-news shows. Schedule of the shows; Use of local hosts; Production of the shows; Importance of local shows in differentiating Fox from other channels.
- Fox Sports Net Shifts Local-News Telecasts. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;04/09/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p20
Reports on a revised scheduling format to be implemented by Fox Sports Net in April 2001. Goal of accentuating affiliates' regional appeal; How the show 'Regional Sports Report' incorporates the regional sports network's name and the phrase 'Sports Report'; Strategy of improving the consumer's...
- STATIC. // Sporting News;04/09/2001, Vol. 225 Issue 15, p9
Reports on developments in television coverage of sports in the United States as of April 9, 2001 such as Fox Sports Net's schedule viewed as the best counter-programming possible.