Nielsen, News Corp. Strike Eight-Year Deal
- UPN composes its own 'Bill of Rights'. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;08/09/99, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p4
Reports on United Paramount Network's strategy to buy advertisement aimed at Nielsen Media Research diary editors. Network's aim of improving Nielsen's rating of the number of its young male viewers; Complaints on Nielsen's underrating of young male viewers; Misattribution of the ratings of...
- The Fox Sports 1 End Run. BANK, DAVID // Variety;4/9/2013, Vol. 319 Issue 3, p36
The article looks at the decision of News Corp. of launching 24-hour sports network Fox Sports 1. It is inferred that the company has already spent huge amounts of money locking up major sports rights, by the time the announcements was made in March 2013. The launched sports network is expected...
- Online chatter can hook TV viewers -- and advertisers. Howell, Nic // New Media Age;4/22/2010, p02
The article discusses the challenge faced by news networks to create programming that accommodate audience interaction.
- Handling With Care. // Multichannel News;8/6/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p33
The article discusses several shows announced by the television networks for helping the cable viewers with personal crises.
- Buy the Minute. Crupi, Anthony // Brandweek;5/7/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 19, pSR12
The article discusses how Nielsen Media Research's minute-by-minute ratings data is expected to play an important role in the 2007 cable upfront. The article explains that many advertising executives are speculative of the accuracy of Nielsen's minute-by-minute ratings data. According to the...
- Rating the ratings. Hays, Matthew // Canadian Screenwriter;Summer2006, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p22
Provides insights on the television program rating system in Canada. Use of electronic tracking devices in determining audience numbers by Nielsen Media Research; Differences in the approach of U.S. and Canadian television networks to ratings; Factors to consider by networks in determining the...
- 'Anatomy' maintains strong pulse. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;5/17/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 33, p5
The article reports on the outstanding performance by the television program "Grey's Anatomy" in the Nielsen Ratings chart in the U.S. The medical drama gave ABC its highest-rated Monday in 11 years. The program average a 9.9 rating/22 share in adults 18-49 and 22.5 million viewers overall from...
- Nielsen Primetime Ratings Report. // Daily Variety;7/2/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 62, p7
Several charts on Nielsen Media Research Inc.'s primetime rating reports including the top shows, the top cable networks and the total television viewers are presented.
- NBC laps Sunday competition. Gough, Paul J. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/17/2004, Vol. 385 Issue 12, p4
NBC's primetime Olympics coverage trounced the competition Sunday night, taking each time period. Through Sunday night, NBC Universal's networks have garnered 126 million unique viewers, 11 percent more than watched the first three days of the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney. NBC started strong...