Disney Gets 'Halloweentown' Treat
- D.C. Stations: Delay LPM. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;5/30/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p8
Reports the request of television broadcasters and stations from Nielsen Media Research to delay the launch of a local people meter service in Washington, D.C. on June 2, 2005. Opinion of broadcasters on the data provided by the service; Decision of Nielsen on the issue during a May 26 meeting;...
- Nielsen to Expand Local People Meters, With Help. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;3/3/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p12
Deals with the expansion plan of Nielsen Media Research for its local people-meter service in the U.S. Background on the measurement of national television and cable audiences; Significance of the plan; Significance of local ratings data to broadcasting.
- UPN composes its own 'Bill of Rights'. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;08/09/99, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p4
Reports on United Paramount Network's strategy to buy advertisement aimed at Nielsen Media Research diary editors. Network's aim of improving Nielsen's rating of the number of its young male viewers; Complaints on Nielsen's underrating of young male viewers; Misattribution of the ratings of...
- Cable's Big Piece of the Pie. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;12/30/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 52, p8
Reports that according to a research conducted by Neilson Media Research basic cable had a larger share of audience than the broadcasters in 2002. Percentage of prime time audience claimed by Cable; Reason why the share of cable rose in 2002; Cable programs that were popular in 2002. INSET: How...
- Nielsen nixes Nick's split personalities. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/12/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the decision of Nielsen Media Research Inc. to end its experiment of listing Nickelodeon and Nick at Nite separately in primetime even though they are two halves of the same cable network in the U.S. Performance of the two among total viewers and key demographic categories; Reaction...
- Smart TV $. // Advertising Age;11/16/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 46, p32
Reports on how Smart TV, the audience measurement service, that would like to compete with Nielson Media Research is facing financial difficulties as of late 1998. Amount the service will cost; The need to test the service before it is utilized fully.
- Mommy, Where Do Nielsens Come From? Campo, Darren // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p49
Addresses the protest organized by Don't Count Us Out Coalition concerning the Local People Meter technology used by Nielsen Media Research in Chicago, Illinois on August 5, 2004. Problem encountered on the use of the technology; Changes in the TV viewing habit of the public.
- Fox, NBC split lackluster Sunday. Littleton, Cynthia // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/1/2003, Vol. 377 Issue 52, p5
The article reports that television networks Fox and NBC has split nightly primetime win as each of these Big Four networks served an underwhelming numbers even though all of them had fresh episodes of regular series. Fox's 9: 30 p.m. series â€œThe Pittsâ€ is only drawing an average of...
- Getting a Handle on Visiting Viewers. Baron, Roger // Television Week;11/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p15
Deals with the custom analysis of Nielsen Media Research's person-by-person database that identifies viewing by all people in the U. S. household conducted by the company FCB. Details of a visitor viewing study done by FCB on seven broadcast networks in May 2003; Implications of the analysis by...