Comcast's Fearnet Rises
- Comcast Taps Horror Vein. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;4/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p10
Reports on the partnership of Comcast Corp. and Sony Pictures Entertainment to provide horror movies on demand service in the U.S. on October 31, 2006. Features of the service; Several horror-and-thriller movies that will be shown via Comcast On Demand; Reason behind the launch of the service.
- FearNet Scares Up Fan Input. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;4/23/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p9
The article reports that FearNet, Comcast's on-demand horror channel, has revamped its Web site with user-generated content that extends beyond video clips. Horror fans can now send poetry, photos, artwork and stories. The site gives users the capability to upload user-generated content, to...
- Comcast Media Center: On-Demand Solutions. // CT's Pipeline;12/12/2006, p2
The article offers a link to the Web site of "CT's Pipeline." The link will lead to the video of the interview of Communications Technology Associate Editor Mike Robuck with Gary Traver, senior vice president and chief operation officer of Comcast Media Center (CMC). The interview focuses on how...
- VOD service much in demand in Philly. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;10/17/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the increased usage of video-on-demand in the digital platform of Comcast Cable Communications Inc. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Rate of increase; Factors influencing the increase; Features of the package offered by Comcast.
- Comcast Give TLC to VOD, Enlisting Box Vendors' Help . Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;7/9/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p33
Focuses on the video-on-demand plans of Comcast Corporation. Enlistment of technical life preservers; Partnership with SciCare Broadband Services; Views of MSO vice president of digital television Mark Hess on the decision.
- Cable Companies Increasingly Embrace Digital Services. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;10/1/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 15, p8
The article evaluates the Watchable video service from Comcast Cable Communications Inc.
- Boo! FEARnet To the Web, Not Cable. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/18/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 37, p22
This article reports that Comcast and Sony Pictures Entertainment are developing an Internet-only horror channel called FEARnet at FEARnet.com. The Web site will launch on October 31, 2006, and will be a free site for horror fans to watch streaming video and discusses horror films on a bulletin...
- CMC develops VOD valuation tool. // CED;Jan2009, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the initiative of Comcast Media Center (CMC) of developing a video-on-demand (VOD) Valuation Tool to help cable operators assess on return on investment (ROI) of launching an HD VOD service. The tool works with "VOD in a Box," a service that delivers up to 3,300 hours of...
- X Files: Comcast Gets More Explicit Adult Fare. // CableFAX Daily;8/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 157, p1
The article reports on the plans of Comcast Cable Communications Corp. to release XX video on-demand content. The company began the switch from X to XX content in 2005 in the U.S. and continues to roll out the more explicit adult programming market by market. It is noted that New Frontier...