FINDING FLAWS: CABLE'S LAUNDRY LIST
- Buy the Minute. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;5/7/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 19, pSR12
The article focuses on the cable television market. The article reports that media buyers want better ratings data and minute-by-minute statistics. The problems with interpreting this data is discussed. Sean Cunningham of the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau lends his comments. The importance...
- CAB: Basic Cable Was a Lion in March. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;5/2/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p26
The article offers information on the report "A Month in the Life of Cable Nation," by the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau regarding the examination on the ad-supported cable on March 2011 which states that cable collects 80% rating points for sports, 73% with dramas, and 89% for comedy.
- CAB says cable ad sales up. // Electronic Media;12/07/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p27
Cites Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's (CAB) report on the growth in advertising sales of basic cable networks for the first three quarters of 1998.
- CAB: Cable Upfront Hit Record $9.3B. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;8/1/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 30, p4
The article offers information on a new tabulation by the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau (CAB) indicating that cable upfront advertising dollars hit a record of 9.3 billion dollars this year 2011 in the U.S.
- Ad revenue count hurt by fuzzy math. Ross, Chuck // Electronic Media;04/02/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p7
Reports on variations in cable television advertising revenue figures supplied by Nielsen Media Research's MonitorPlus service and CMR, both widely used by United States marketers, ad agencies, broadcasters and the media. Comparison of fourth quarter 2000 figures of Nielsen and CMR; Issue with...
- Cable networks, agencies at odds over ratings. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/93, Vol. 123 Issue 40, p63
Reports on the advertising community's reaction to the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's (CAB) recommendation for the measurement of cable audience on a weekly or monthly basis rather than quarter hourly. Suggested use of Nielsen Media Research data; Issue on the evaluation of a buy after a...
- MSOs spiff up their images, boost service. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p30
Focuses on the effort of multiple system operators in the United States' cable broadcasting industry to advertise their products effectively. Reference to the amount of money spent by cable operators in advertising; Comments from Ray Katz, analyst at Bear Stearns company; Reference to the...
- Money follows. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;5/27/96, Vol. 6 Issue 22, Adweek p32
Presents forecasts for cable television's audience share for 1996. Efforts to encourage advertising in cable networks; Factors affecting television networks' purchase of cable commercial airtimes.
- Cable boasts record rating average. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;7/11/94, Vol. 124 Issue 28, p17
Presents the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's findings of the average record rating in total United States homes of advertising-supported cable television networks in June 1994. Prime time rating; Networks which show a ratings decline.