Cable Networks Boycott Ad-Ratings Plan
- On a learning curve. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p53
Reports on the increase in The Learning Channel's (TLC) subscribers in 1993. Projected increase in advertising revenue; Appeal of TLC's high-end demographics and programming to advertisers; Percentage of TLC's budget spent on original programming.
- Ops Say 'Bravo' to Uscale Sales Gains. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;12/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p28
Focuses on United States-based cable television network Bravo's insertable subscriber cable television advertising business as of December 11, 2000. Increase in the network's advertising sales; Sales promotions.
- 'More butter!' Food Network makes shows great theater. Neff, Jack // Advertising Age;4/13/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 15, pS10
Reports that the Food Network is becoming more and more popular in the late 1990s due to its offbeat programming. Details of shows aired on the network such as chef Emeril Lagasse's show and `Two Fat Ladies'; Effect of the networks' success on its ability to attract advertisers.
- Phone home. JC // Broadcasting & Cable;3/14/94, Vol. 124 Issue 11, p54
Reports on the joint marketing venture between MTV, MCI and other television networks tied to MTV's spring break coverage. Youth as the target market; Other sponsors of the event; Advantage to advertisers.
- ITV set to bolster direct response. Beale, Claire // Campaign (UK);12/05/97, Issue 49, p5
Reports that ITV company has created a call-handling system designed to encourage more people to respond to telephone numbers posted on cable television advertisements in England. Aim to increase revenue from direct response advertisers; Venture with the Cable & Wireless Communications;...
- Ratings help cable in quest for ad $. Levanthal, Larry // Broadcasting & Cable;03/02/98, Vol. 128 Issue 9, p31
Reports that USA Network will air a breakthrough movie pertaining to Moby Dick, with focus on cable advertising. Actors in the movie; Indepth look at companies involved in cable advertising; Comments from Steve Heyer president of Turner Broadcasting System.
- Cable TV's Bravo ponders offering more ad time. Ross, Chuck // Advertising Age;11/17/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 46, p4
Reports that film and arts cable channel Bravo is considering carrying a full load of ads in the fourth quarter of 1998. Competition with A&E Network; Reaction to plan from cable operators; Bravo's current format; Bravo's advertising revenue.
- Make-goods eat 3rd QTR inventory. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;8/2/93, Vol. 3 Issue 31, p18
Reports on the third quarter performance of cable networks in terms of media buys. Low second quarter ratings; USA Network's coverage of the U.S. Open.
- Talkin' Bout Hey, Now! Fromm, Emily // Adweek New England Edition;10/18/99, Vol. 36 Issue 42, p152
Features the advertisements for Nickelodeon cable television (TV) network. Description of the ads created by Kidvertisers; How the ads show the connection between what is in the TV shows and children's lives; What the ads seek to promote.