Time Warner Expected to Keep Up
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.
- Comcast outpaces AT&T, rolls out TiVo. // CED;Nov2007, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p10
The article reports that cable television company Comcast Corp. is going ahead American Telephone & Telephone Co. (AT&T) in garnering new broadband subscribers in the U.S. According to the report from Strategy Analytics, the 2006 year-over-year growth in the net subscription of Comcast increased...
- Small MSOs Beat the Odds. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/17/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p40
The article reports on the financial performance of American multiple system operators (MSOs). It mentions that small operators report an increase in its subscribers in the third quarter. Miller Tabak media analyst David Joyce noted that the basic gains of small operators reflect the value and...
- Brazil's pay TV biz rides solid sub gain. Cajueiro, Marcelo // Daily Variety;2/12/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 32, p30
The article reports on the market performance of the pay television sector of Brazil in 2006. The Brazilian pay television sector had its best performance since 2000, with the total sub base inclusive of cable, satellite and other operations increasing by 11% to approximately 4.5 million at the...
- Cox Numbers:. // CableFAX Daily;6/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 116, p2
Reports on the financial performance of Cox Cable for the first quarter of 2006. Percentage increase in the company's digital cable subscribers; Completed transactions, including its sale of 900,000 subscribers to Suddenlink.
- Megacable results bolstered by strong broadband uptake. // Latin America Telecom;Apr2014, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p13
The article reports on the financial performance of Mexican cable operator Megacable Holdings SAB de CV for the first quarter of 2014. The company recorded a 12% increase in its net service revenue with turnover of 2.696 billion Mexican peso from 2.401 billion in the previous year. It notes that...
- Cable TV Loses Ground. // TV Technology;1/5/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on data from TVB.org which found that wired-cable penetration of American television (TV) households has declined as consumers tend to shift to alternative delivery systems.
- Who's There? Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;9/21/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p12
The article focuses on TV Everywhere Business Model of cable television (TV) industry to extend their pay TV services. The On Demand Online of Comcast Corp. will initially use its own broadband network to its own devices and via its own guide. However, Time Warner Inc. rejected the approach of...
- Comcast Funds Wideband, Digital TV. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/23/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p3
The article reports on the plan of cable television company, Comcast Corp. to spend up to $500 million in the deployment of DOCSIS 3.0 to more than 65% of its footprint in additional markets in the U.S. Comcast chief executive officer (CEO) Brian Roberts told the investors that the company's...