'Sopranos' Goes Out With a Bang
- HBO push backs new `Sopranos' season. Hogan // Multichannel News;10/18/99, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p10
Reports on cable television network Home Box Office's advertising campaign for the launching of the second season of its television program `The Sopranos' on January 16, 2000. Details of the marketing campaign; Coordination with cable operators.
- BBDO New York. Larson, Megan // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/19/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 25, p14
Features BBDO New York, recipient of the 2000 Media Plan of Year Awards in the best campaign spending between $10 million and $25 million category for work done to promote the second season of the television program `The Sopranos,' for the Home Box Office channel. Company background; Campaign...
- UKTV Home unveils first brand push since relaunch. // Marketing Week;4/7/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p9
The article reports on the launch of television network UKTV's first multi-platform advertising campaign for lifestyle channel Home which aims to teach do-it-yourself skills in Great Britain.
- Sopranos Hell. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;2/2/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 5, p12
Provides information on the advertising campaign for the upcoming fifth season of the TV show "The Sopranos," which will be shown starting March 7, 2004 on cable network HBO. Features of the show's fifth season; Description of the campaign; Scope of the show's promotion.
- PBS Kids Directs Ads at Parents. Baar, Aaron // Adweek Midwest Edition;10/28/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 43, p4
Focuses on the print advertising campaign created by agency One and All for PBS Kids, the children's programming subsidiary of the Public Broadcasting Service in the U.S. Description of two advertisements under the campaign; Tag line of the campaign; Periodicals featuring the advertisements.
- ABC Sites Regroup Sales Effort. Owens, Jennifer // MediaWeek;05/28/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p37
Reports on the plan of James Keplesky, vice president of advertising sales for ABC sites, to sell the television network's online inventory among United States advertisers. Details on the branding efforts of the network; Comments on the approach.
- HBO Bows Rich-Media Ad Effort. Cheng, Kipp // Adweek Southeast Edition;9/3/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p5
Presents information on the online advertising campaign of HBO to promote `Band of Brothers,' a ten-part miniseries set during World War II. Details of the technology called shoshkeles, developed for the advertisement; Estimated amount spent on advertising and interactive marketing initiatives...
- Gumby and Pokey to tout ABC summer reruns. Friedman, Wayne // Advertising Age;6/11/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on the plans of the ABC Television Network to use the classic clay animated characters Gumby and Pokey to promote summer reruns in the U.S. in 2001. Key issues discussed include the summer marketing push of ABC that integrates the animated characters and the television...
- ESPN kicks off hunt for creative shop. // Campaign;10/12/2007, Issue 41, p3
The article reports that ESPN television network is looking for a creative agency to work on an advertising brief to promote its successful U.S. X-Games initiative in Great Britain. The network is searching for an agency, experienced in targeting the youth market. The existing ESPN roster of...