Advertising Sales to Drive Growth
- Disney: Cross-Platform Deals Are Alive and Well. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;4/18/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p64
Offers observation on the cross-platform deals of Walt Disney Co. Facts about cross-platform media revenue; Result of offering advertisers not only one-stop shopping but creative and promotional executions for their brands; Reason Viacom Inc. is not out of the cross-platform selling concept.
- Hits Not Enough for Viacom. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/4/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p21
The article reports on the financial performance of Viacom in the U.S. Although hit movies significantly contributed to the medial firm's revenue and operating income, dismal advertising revenue growth affected its stock. Viacom posted a 21% growth in revenue and 13% growth in operating income...
- Viacom's 3rd quarter gains 9%. Bennett, Ray; Pryor, Peter // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/28/2003, Vol. 381 Issue 2, p80
Viacom Inc. reported third-quarter net income of $700 million, up 9% from $640 million figure of 2002 and slightly ahead of Wall Street expectations. Revenue rose 5% to $6.6 billion as advertisement revenue increased 8% to $2.9 billion. Advertising made up 44% of revenue for the period. Viacom's...
- Viacom lowers expectations, cites ad slump. Bennett, Ray; Pryor, Peter // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/30/2003, Vol. 380 Issue 32, p53
This article reports on a reduction in financial growth guidance for the year 2003, given by Viacom Inc. to Wall Street, citing weaker-than-expected momentum in local advertising. A local ad slump will keep Viacom's revenue and operating income for the second half of the year below previous...
- Cable Nets Bolster Viacom. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p37
Reports on the decline of the revenue and cash flow of Viacom Incorporation in the third quarter in the wake of September 11 terrorist attack; Percentage decrease of the total revenue; Decrease of the cash flow; Loss of advertising revenue after the terrorist attack.
- The Double Whammy: Mel, Recession. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;4/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p12
Reports the reliance of Viacom Inc. on advertising for revenue. Percentage of the revenue of Viacom comes from advertising; Decline of advertising market; Resignation of John Popkowski as president of ad sales of MTVN.
- Can they jump higher? Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;4/30/2010, Vol. 414 Issue 23, p10
The article focuses on conglomerate stock gains in entertainment industry. It is stated that a rapid increase in conglomerate stocks that began in 2009 is expected to come to a standstill. It is reported that Viacom Inc. experienced a revenue decline of 4 percent due to weaker sales of Digital...
- OMD in $2B Disney, Viacom talks. Ross, Chuck // Advertising Age;5/6/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 18, Preceding p1
The article reports on the negotiations of Omnicom Group's OMD USA for multiplatform advertising deals with Walt Disney Co. and Viacom in the United States in 2002. Key issues discussed include the key stipulations of the deals, the net value of the deals and the amount spend by OMD on media...
- Merrill's Reif Cohen Is Bullish on Content. // Multichannel News;12/5/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 45, p4
The article reports that media analyst Jessica Reif Cohen has said at the OnScreen Summit that advertising revenue is rising due to the high demand for content.