CableLabs Nudges DOCSIS
- Lack of scale is costly. // Telecom Asia;Oct2010, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p27
The article looks at the statistical figures provided by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and the United Nations, Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Broadband Commission for Digital Development that relates to the global broadband affordability, access and...
- CABLE IN CONTEXT. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;1/12/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 1, p18
Reports that the cable industry has hit a record 15 million broadband customers in 2003. Factors that influenced the performance of the industry; Telecommunication segments that pose competition to the cable broadband industry members.
- Midsplit. // Network Dictionary;2007, p312
A definition of the term "Midsplit" is presented. It refers to a special type of broadband cable system that divides the available frequencies into two groups, one is for transmission and the other is for reception.
- Low-Cost Quad Op Amp Drives RF Modulator. Stutz, William; Bekgran, Miles // Electronic Design;7/21/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 16, p74
This article reports on a video circuit which combines an audio-subcarrier notch filter and group-delay equalization as required by the International Telecommunication Union-470 standard. It also includes an amplitude-adjustment capability for driving an RF video modulator in NTSC applications....
- Broadband Manifesto champions transformative power of high-speed networks to drive socio-economic development. // Telecom Standards;Dec2013, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p11
The article focuses on a manifesto by the Broadband Commission for Digital Development, a joint initiative by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), which reflects on broadband infrastructure. According...
- ITU Selects Next-generation 4G Mobile Technologies. Mumford, Richard // Microwave Journal;Dec2010, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p45
The article reports on the completion of assessment of six candidate submissions for IMT-Advanced, a global 4G mobile wireless broadband technology, by the Radiocommunication Sector of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) in the U.S.
- G.fast receives final ITU approval. // FttX;Dec2014, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p7
The article offers information on the fixed broadband standard G.fast, approved by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) on December 5, 2014, mentions that the standard is designed as an alternative to fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) and include comments from Hamadoun Toure of ITU on the same.
- G.fast receives final ITU approval. // Fiber Optics & Communications;Dec2014, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p17
The article r eports that the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) has announced the approval of new fixed broadband standard G.fast.
- GO FASTER ON COPPER. // Intermedia (0309118X);Sep2013, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p2
The article reports on the G.fast, a new broadband standard of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) that promises up to one gigabit per second over existing copper telephone wires.