Channel Speaks Up for Wildlife
- AVMA condemns threats against animal researcher. Whitcomb, Rachael // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Jan2011, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p38
The article focuses on the move of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) to condemn the threats made by an animal rights group against a University of California (UCLA) neuroscientist who utilizes non-human primates in his studies.
- AVMA exhibit policy stirs activist groups. Fiala, Jennifer // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Aug2005, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p50
Reports on the argument between the profession's only animal rights group and American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) on the exhibitors' policy that bars Association of Veterinarians for Animal Rights (AVAR) from booth space at the membership organization's annual convention in...
- AVMA revises veterinarian's oath. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Jan2011, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on the move of the American Veterinary Medical Association's (AVMA) to approve a recommendation from its Animal Welfare Committee to add new language to the original Veterinarian's Oath that was adopted by the House of Delegates in the U.S.
- The American way of animal welfare advocacy. Munro, Lyle // Animals Today;May-Jul97, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p21
Examines animal welfare advocacy in the United States. Key features of advocacy organizations; Impact of the organizations to animal welfare; Goals of various organizations.
- Mexico's caped crusaders. Ross, John // Earth Island Journal;Winter93/94, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p13
Features the National Animal Liberation Front's (FNLA) superhero, called `Superanimal' who aims to defend Mexico's wild and domestic animals from being butchered. Other Mexican superheroes; Demand for additional protection for endangered species; Writing of a legislation to be submitted to the...
- The daily planet. // Seventeen;Jul94, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p58
Lists ways to participate in animal activism in the United States. Voicing of opposition to the Marine Mammal Protection Act; Boycotting of items listing whale oil as an ingredient; Writing of letters to the Chinese government to stop the smuggling of tiger bones; Writing of letters to congress...
- Farm Animals. Stoner, Lynda // Animals Today;2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the campaigns of animal rights activists against farm animal cruelty in Australia. History of the Animal Liberation movement; Conditions of farm animals in the country; Ways in which farm animals were maltreated; Significant advances in efforts to improve conditions of farm animals.
- Four Thousand Free Range Pigs! Jamieson, Tania // Animals Today;2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p35
Reports on a group of animal rights activists' release of pigs housed in an overcrowded piggery in New South Wales. Goals of the activists in freeing the pigs; Issues raised by the activists' action; Conditions of pigs in the piggery.
- ANIMAL PASSION. // Accountancy;Sep92, Vol. 110 Issue 1189, p20
Features Michael Kay, an animal welfare champion and chairman of Great Britain-based RSPCA. Love of animals; History of involvement with RSPCA; Other animal welfare group affiliations.