IFC's 'Film School' Expands
- Cinephilia and the Imagination of Filmmaking. Fujiwara, Chris // Framework: The Journal of Cinema & Media;Spring2009, Vol. 50 Issue 1/2, p194
The article explores the accompanying changes that cinephilia has undergone since 1968. These changes entail the actual cinema production and conceptions in the film construction. Classical cinephilia is being tied to an idealization of what is to make a movie and to experience the unfolding of...
- A screenwriter's journey into theme, and how creative writing research might help us to define screen production research. Batty, Craig // Studies in Australasian Cinema;Jun2015, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p110
Although critical works relevant to screen production research exist, they are often fragmented (screen production placed alongside general media production) and, I want to suggest, not brave enough to embrace the term screen production research. With â€˜dirtyâ€™ connotations to an...
- Indie Pen Dance. Andrews, Jamie // Back Stage West;3/20/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p7
The article offers advice on making one's own films. According to the author, the starting point is to be a good writer and have a strong concept. It states that digital media has opened the door for amateur auteurs to try their hand at filmmaking without the often-prohibitive expense of...
- After the typewriter: the screenplay in a digital era. Millard, Kathryn // Journal of Screenwriting;2010, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p11
This article aims to contribute to contemporary debates about screenwriting as a process of developing the screen idea; about the ways in which formatting conventions from an earlier era of cinema may restrict innovation in screenwriting; and about shifting practices of screenwriting in a...
- Five Things They Don't Tell You About Being a Top Screenwriter. CODY, DIABLO // New York;10/21/2013, Vol. 46 Issue 32, p57
The article offers guidelines on how to become a top screenwriter.
- Looking back in order to look forward: re-scripting and re-framing screen production research. Kerrigan, Susan; Batty, Craig // Studies in Australasian Cinema;Jun2015, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p90
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses various reports within the issue on topics including screen production research, doctorate filmmaking degrees taking place at institutions throughout Australia, and the Australian Screen Production Education and Research Association...
- SUMMER MOVIEMAKING. // Back Stage (1946-5440);2/6/2014, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p20
The article offers information on several schools in the U.S. that offer summer film classes including the Tisch School of the Arts, the New York Film Academy and the Vancouver Film School.
- Tora Bora cinema. al-Zobaidi, Sobhi // Jump Cut: A Review of Contemporary Media;Spring2008, Issue 50, p26
The article discusses the emergence of independent filmmaking in Palestine. It presents several films made by Palestinians which focuses on their inability to reaffirm their identities as they relate to space. It states that the main component of those films is a dislocation between memory and...
- Film Happenings. // Film International (16516826);Jul2010, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p97
â€˜Film Happeningsâ€™ is a regular column in Film International, celebrating the achievements of our readers and contributors. Please e-mail your Film Happening to Liza Palmer, Review Section Editor: