Season's Givings From Operators, Networks
- VOD's Long Strange Trip. Buckly, Sean // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jan2007, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p6
The author reflects on the usefulness of the Video on Demand (VOD) services. He shares his experience with VOD and asserts that its utility is increasing. He expresses his satisfaction to the digital cable he acquired from Comcast Corp. which offers free VOD service. He reports that the...
- Fearnet May Push Past On-Demand. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;11/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p8
The article reports on the plan to expand the Comcast's Fearnet on-demand video service into a linear television channel, according to one of the venture's equity partners in the U.S. Lionsgate chief executive officer (CEO) Jon Feltheimer, they do continue to look at the possibility of a linear...
- Comcast Brands 'ch1' Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;3/26/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p12
The article reports on the new ch1 moniker adopted by Comcast Corp. to brand its video-on-demand (VOD) service channel in the U.S. According to the author, the company began the branding move when it filed an application for a trademark for ch1 on February 9, 2007. Comcast director of corporate...
- Comcast claims alt-TV victory. Klaassen, Abbey // Advertising Age;5/15/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 20, p4
The article reports on the advertising deal reached by Comcast with Gatorade in May 2006. The deal integrates the sports drink into Comcast's ExerciseTV on-demand channel. Valued at north of $1 million for a year-plus sponsorship, the deal is not going to blow the lid off the upfront market. But...
- Alpha Moms Get VOD Offering. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p12
Focuses on the two video on-demand (VOD) services offered by Comcast Corp. to parents and children as of July 11, 2005. Function of Alpha Mom TV; Reason for using VOD over linear network; Number of programming hours that will be added to Vortex on Demand, a VOD service for kids.
- Holiday Greetings from the Troops. // Multichannel News;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p51
Presents information on the Holiday Troop Greetings On Demand video service from Comcast Corp. Objective of the video service; Difference of the video service with local news broadcast of holiday greetings; Mechanism of the video service.
- Call It 'Bostonvision' Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p1
Reports on a Get Local video-on-demand (VOD) television programming category introduced by Comcast Corp. Lineup of the VOD; Number of program choices of the VOD; Percentage of digital subscribers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania who use VOD.
- Bullish on free VOD-and offers by the bucket. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);4/7/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p16
Reports on the growth strategy of Comcast Corp. Main objective of Comcast for 2003; Video-on-demand services being offered by the firm; Overview on services offered by Comcast. INSET: COMCAST CORP..
- Nightly, But Later. A.R. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/8/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 49, p8
Focuses on the video-on-demand service being offered by Comcast as of December 2003. Types of shows aired in the video-on-demand service; Observations of Comcast senior VP of marketing Andy Addis regarding the preference of video-on-demand audiences.