Season's Givings From Operators, Networks
- VOD's Long Strange Trip. Buckly, Sean // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jan2007, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p6
The author reflects on the usefulness of the Video on Demand (VOD) services. He shares his experience with VOD and asserts that its utility is increasing. He expresses his satisfaction to the digital cable he acquired from Comcast Corp. which offers free VOD service. He reports that the...
- EUROCINEMA LAUNCHES EUROPEAN FILMS ON COMCAST ON DEMAND. // Telephone IP News;Sep2010, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p6
The article reports that the movie channel Eurocinema has launched its video-on-demand service called Eurocinema On Demand, which will deliver award-winning Western and Eastern European films to Comcast customers. The service will initially be available in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and in...
- Fearnet May Push Past On-Demand. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;11/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p8
The article reports on the plan to expand the Comcast's Fearnet on-demand video service into a linear television channel, according to one of the venture's equity partners in the U.S. Lionsgate chief executive officer (CEO) Jon Feltheimer, they do continue to look at the possibility of a linear...
- Comcast Brands 'ch1' Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;3/26/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p12
The article reports on the new ch1 moniker adopted by Comcast Corp. to brand its video-on-demand (VOD) service channel in the U.S. According to the author, the company began the branding move when it filed an application for a trademark for ch1 on February 9, 2007. Comcast director of corporate...
- Comcast claims alt-TV victory. Klaassen, Abbey // Advertising Age;5/15/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 20, p4
The article reports on the advertising deal reached by Comcast with Gatorade in May 2006. The deal integrates the sports drink into Comcast's ExerciseTV on-demand channel. Valued at north of $1 million for a year-plus sponsorship, the deal is not going to blow the lid off the upfront market. But...
- On Demand lineup is a little uneven. Adalian, Josef // Variety;2/21/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 1, p17
Focuses on Video-on-Demand (VOD) service for free television programs offered by Comcast. Motion pictures available in VOD; Other free programming offered by Comcast.
- Banking on a VOD Future. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p12
Presents information on the video-on-demand (VOD) business of Comcast Corp. Financial performance of the company for the nine months ended September 30, 2004; Approach of Comcast to its VOD model; Free VOD titles offered by Comcast.
- Alpha Moms Get VOD Offering. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p12
Focuses on the two video on-demand (VOD) services offered by Comcast Corp. to parents and children as of July 11, 2005. Function of Alpha Mom TV; Reason for using VOD over linear network; Number of programming hours that will be added to Vortex on Demand, a VOD service for kids.
- Holiday Greetings from the Troops. // Multichannel News;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p51
Presents information on the Holiday Troop Greetings On Demand video service from Comcast Corp. Objective of the video service; Difference of the video service with local news broadcast of holiday greetings; Mechanism of the video service.