THIS JUST IN
- WWW.BROADCASTINGCABLE.COM. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/9/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 42, p8
The article offers information related to broadcasting industry in the U.S. The Market Eye column has announced that broadcasting television network WCPO is the 2008 revenue leader in Cincinnati, Ohio. The U.S. Olympics speedskating team will be sponsored by American political satirist, writer,...
- TW CHILLS ON TV TALKS. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;6/10/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 46, p5
The article reports that Jeff Bewkes, chief executive officer of Time Warner Inc., said that the company has no agenda regarding the acquisition of a television network, despite speculation over a possible merger with NBC Universal. Time Warner recently announced plans to sell off its cable...
- For media biz in tough times, thin is in again. Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;11/16/2009, Vol. 417 Issue 1, p1
This article discusses the deconsolidation of the media conglomerate Time Warner by its chief executive officer (CEO) Jeffrey Bewkes. Bewkes is scheduled to reverse the 2000 merger of Time Warner with the Internet services company America Online (AOL) by the end of 2009. He has expressed his...
- Over-the-Top Fears Hold Down Stocks. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;11/29/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 44, p17
The article discusses the effects of cord-cutting approach to the subscription revenue in television broadcasting companies in the U.S. in 2010. David Bank, managing director of RBC Capital Markets Corp., stated that the approach affects earnings multiple investors to generate more stocks in...
- Now Jane's Talking. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;10/27/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 43, p19
Reports on the sale of the television program "The Jane Pauley Show," aired on NBC in 2003. Television networks in the U.S. which will air the program; Efforts taken in preparation for the program's broadcast.
- NBC Universal Launches Major Battlestar Promotion. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;1/10/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the promotional campaign being prepared by NBC Universal (NBCU) for the launch of the science fiction television program "Battlestar Galactica" in the U.S. on January 14, 2005. Languages that will be used for the broadcast of the television program; Forms of advertising media to be...
- BAPTISM BY FIRE. Lowry, Brian // Variety;11/19/2007, Vol. 409 Issue 11, p13
The article reports that Jeffrey Bewkes was promoted to chief executive officer (CEO) of Time Warner Inc., and Jeff Zucker was made CEO of NBC Universal Inc. Howard Stringer was made CEO of Sony Corp.
- BRAVO DAY FOR NBC. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;12/10/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 46, p6
Reports on the completion of the acquisition of the Bravo television network by NBC Entertainment in the U.S. Value of acquisition; Integration of the network in the portfolio of CNBC and MSNBC; Contract with Rainbow Media.
- Media Industry Not Letting Economy Worries Slow It Down. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;7/25/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 29, p10
The article focuses on the continued strong performance of the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. It cites the assessment of Time Warner Inc. chief executive officer Jeffrey Bawkes regarding the rebound of media company stock prices, the increase of earnings and revenue, as well as the...