Cable-Network CEOs Don Swami Hats
- Ted Harbert. Hibberd, James // Television Week;1/10/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p44
Features Ted Harbert, president and CEO of E! Networks. Career background; Ability to learn how to deal with budget models; Challenge of handling late-prime television programming.
- Harbert's True Hollywood Story. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/5/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 27, p7
Reports on the appointment of Ted Harbert as the CEO of E! Networks. Reason behind the replacement of former E! CEO Mindy Herman; Expectation of Comcast President Steve Burke on the performance of Harbert; Positions assumed by Harbert in his previous affiliations.
- E!'s COO ankling to refresh. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;6/9/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 49, p5
The article reports that longtime E! Networks executive Ken Bettsteller is ankling his post as chief operating officer. Well-respected executive, who has been with the company for five years, will exit at the end of the summer of 2005. E! Networks president-CEO Ted Harbert has not named a...
- Nowadays, the 'L' word at Showtime is 'lofty'. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;1/15/2009, Vol. 408 Issue 9, p6
The article presents information on rising subscriptions and revenue at the premium cable network Showtime owned by Showtime Networks Inc. According to chairman and chief executive officer of the network, Matt Blank, Showtime added 1 million subscribers in 2008 and reached 16.5 million...
- COMCAST COMMAND. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;10/13/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the appointment of Ted Harbert, E! Entertainment Television Inc.'s CEO, as president and CEO of Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Harbert will be overseing Comcast's G4, a cable company that caters to young men, and he will be reporting directly to Comcast Programming Group...
- E! Goes Beyond the Tabloid. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;11/29/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p5
Focuses on the efforts of Ted Harbert, CEO of television network E!, to improve the network's television programming. Overview of several television programs launched by E!, including "The Entertainer" and "Love Is in the Heir"; Efforts of the network to improve its relationship with...
- Harbert's Aims: Stars and Hits For E! Networks. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the appointment of Ted Harbert as CEO of E! Networks. Career of Harbert in broadcast-TV in the U.S.; Aim of Harbert for the company; Tenure of former CEO Mindy Herman in the company.
- The E! Repair, Year 2. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;9/26/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 39, p16
Reports on the management plans of Ted Harbert, president and CEO of E! Networks. Information on three shows released by the network to improve its ratings; Decision of Harbert to hire Star Jones Reynolds to host a show; Views of marketers on the network's performance.
- A Cable Original. // Multichannel News;10/26/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 40, p14
The article features chairman and chief-executive-officer (CEO) Matt Blank of Showtime Networks Inc. Blank has used the job in Home Box Office Inc., where he joined in 1976, as a stepping stone in the broadcasting network. It mentions that Blank has organized an executive team to develop quality...