- Emmy unspools int'l TV test in Gotham. Guider, Elizabeth // Daily Variety;11/18/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 36, p4
Reports on the hold of the first International Emmy World Television Festival in New York City. Sponsorship of Home Box Office Inc. of a party that opens the event; Role of the International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences in organizing the event; Aim of the event to showcase the best in...
- A PRINCE OF A NIGHT. Adalian, Josef; Chang, Justin; Dore, Shalini; Gardner, Chris; Higgins, Bill // Variety;9/4/2006, Vol. 404 Issue 3, p42
The article reports on the post-Emmy parties organized by television networks in the U.S. on August 27, 2006. The ET/People party gave fiesta powerhouse HBO a run for its money as the hot event of the night, while the Governors Ball, Fox, TV Guide and Comedy Central also revved up the revelers....
- Parties toast demo derby. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;5/24/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 38, p19
Highlights several parties and celebrations sponsored by various television networks in New York City. Venue of the events; Programs and activities; Attendees of the events.
- Banft TV test rejigs awards. Tillson, Tamsen // Daily Variety;3/16/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 55, p31
The article reports that the Banff World Television Festival has reshuffled its awards by reintroducing and adding a new one to the list in Toronto, Ontario. It has also collaborated with NBC Universal Canada which will sponsor a novel Rockie Award acknowledging the achievement in the Canadian...
- Promoting Excellence. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/14/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 15, p10A
Focuses on the U.S.-based organization National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS), in the year 2003. Reasons that led to formation of NATAS in 1955; Total number of members listed with NATAS; Information on various awards, associated with television broadcasting presented by...
- DATEBOOK. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/13/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 24, p32
Offers information on several award presentations and other events concerning the TV industry to be held across the U.S. from June 13 to July 29, 2005, including the Management Development Seminar for Television Executives.
- Big 3 start thinking big. Mandese, Joe // Advertising Age;3/1/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p1
This article reports that Big 3 U.S. television networks NBC, ABC, CBS will focus on event programming as of March 1993 to win back viewers. A succession of big 3 event television ratings successes has convinced network executives to focus on event programming. Regular series will remain the...
- News 12 Hudson valley honored by NYS broadcasters' association. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/5/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p22
The article announces that News 12 Hudson Valley television network has received the First Place and Special Mention awards from the New York State Associated Press Broadcasters Association during its annual awards banquet at the Saratoga Springs on June 5, 2010.
- Doordarshan celebrates Mother's Day with Prerna Awards 2015. // Indiantelevision.com;5/9/2015, p6
The article offers information on Prerna Awards, a yearly event organized by television channel Doordarshan Sahyadri to recognize the bond between mother and daughter, in celebration of Mother's Day to be televised on May 10, 2015.