TBS Scores a Playoff Win
- Deals. // CableFAX Daily;3/7/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p2
Reports on an agreement between Turner and Cingular Wireless to provide content from CNN, Cartoon, Adult Swim Nascar.com and TCM.
- USA, TNT may team up to intercept the NFL. Dempsey, John // Variety;6/14/2004, Vol. 395 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the plan of USA and TNT to replace ESPN as the exclusive cable outlet of the National Football League (NFL) as of June 14, 2004. Expiration of the ESPN/NFL contract; Possibility that USA and NBC could put in a humongous joint bid as cable outlets of the football league; Threats of...
- Overture for Romanian soccer. ALEXE, BOGDAN // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Nov/Dec2008, p34
The article features Studio Video Art, an independent Outside Broadcast van operator in Romania which specializes in sports broadcasting. Its primary service is live event coverage but it also rents out production equipment and provides experienced technical staff. The article also discusses...
- The rights stuff. Bernstein, Andy // Television Week;4/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, pS22
Focuses on the issues on the rights contracts of several sporting events. Competition of television networks in bidding for rights; Negative effects of paying top dollar in sporting rights on Fox Entertainment Group; Sports broadcasting of cable television networks.
- Media Wire. Consoli, John; Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;2/24/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p6
Presents news briefs concerning broadcasting rights contracts made by television networks in the U.S., as of February 24, 2003. Information on the rights deal of the cable television network ESPN with the All-England Tennis Club for the Wimbledon tennis tournament in 2003; Terms of a ratings...
- Retrans Hangover for Small Ops. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);1/6/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p9
Deals with the impact of the initiative to resolve retransmission consent agreements that expired on December 31, 2002 on small cable operators in the U.S. Companies involved in the re-negotiation of transmission contracts; Broadcast signals dropped by small operators due to retransmission...
- Network Drops Averted -- For Now. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p1
Deals with the decision of cable television (TV) operators, EchoStar Communications Corp. and DirecTV Inc. to avert its plan to cancel any TV networks in the U.S. Dispute between CBS affiliate KMTV in Omaha, Nebraska with Cox Communications Inc. over high definition TV signal; Contract of...
- NCAA wants new TV deal. Schoettle, Anthony // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/11/2016, Vol. 36 Issue 47, p1
The article reports that the National Collegiate Athletic Association in December 2015 revived negotiations with CBS and Turner Broadcasting System for its lucrative men's basketball tournament television contract. Topics discussed include the specifics of the NCAA's existing deal with the two...
- Networks Ramp Up New Tech For Football. CARELESS, JAMES // TV Technology;Sep2015, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p1
No abstract available.