Latino Interest Kick-Starts MLS
- Keeping Hispanic Fans At Midfield Fuels MLS Growth. Crupi, Anthony // Multichannel News;9/29/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 36, pA4
The article focuses on the role of Hispanic Americans in the growth of Major League Soccer(MLS). The topics discussed include broadcast of MLS games by Univision, a Spanish language broadcast television network, views of MLS commissioner Don Garber on the issue, and third rank of MLS attendance...
- Keeping Hispanic Fans At Midfield Fuels MLS Growth. Crupi, Anthony // Broadcasting & Cable;9/29/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 35, pA4
The article discusses how the importance given by Major League Soccer (MSL) to its Hispanic fans has helped fuel its growth. Topics covered include the multimillion-dollar media contracts MLS has signed in 2014, the growing popularity of live soccer events in the U.S., and the contribution of...
- Galaxy's Cobi Jones Wins Soccer's Top Award. // Jet;12/17/2007, Vol. 112 Issue 24, p54
The article reports on soccer player Cobi Jones' acceptance of the Commissioner's Award at the Major League Soccer (MLS) Gala Awards ceremony in Washington, D.C. MLS Commissioner Don Garber presented the award to Jones, which is given annually to a group or individual that has positively...
- Soccer kicks back. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;4/29/96, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p40
Reports on the launching of the Major League Soccer circuit. Comments of executive vice president, Randy Bernstein; Number of games to be carried on ESPN and ESPN2.
- Are You Ready for Some FÃºtbol? de Lafuente, Della // Adweek;6/9/2008, Vol. 49 Issue 19, p26
The article examines the relationship between the U.S. soccer league Major League Soccer (MLS) and advertising agencies and marketers seeking to reach Hispanic American consumers. Advertising spending on Spanish-language broadcasts of soccer matches rose 60 percent in 2007. It is estimated that...
- Soccer league woos marketers. Jensen, Jeff // Advertising Age;7/4/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 28, p36
Reports on marketers' reluctance to support the concept of a new United States soccer league. Firms which rejected ownership stakes and sponsorships in Major League Soccer; What advertisers want; Alan Rothenberg as MLS commissioner; Other concerns of potential league sponsors.
- Bandi introduces MLS Figures. // Playthings;June97, Vol. 95 Issue 6, p70
Introduces the figures and collectibles, and a replica of a player of each of the ten inaugural Major League Soccer teams. What were the action figures sculpted by; Views on the posing figure change; Inclusion of the collectibles.
- STORIES TO WATCH THIS WEEK. // Crain's New York Business;12/3/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p0002
The article offers information on various events in New York City from December 3 to 6, 2012 including the hearing of the city council on parking glut in Brooklyn, presentation of the stadium plans of the Major League Soccer, and the revival of Clifford Odets' Golden Boy on Broadway.
- Soccer kicks off ad attack for upcoming season. // Brandweek;3/17/97, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p5
Highlights the plan of Major League Soccer (MLS) to launch a $2 million advertising campaign by end of March 1997. Ads by McCann-Erickson featuring marquee MLS players.