Shopping For Guys
- Pop-up Promos Drive Industry Crazy. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;12/20/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 51, p20
Discusses the prevalence of in-program promo spots among television programs in the U.S. in 2004. Television networks which frequently broadcast in-program promos according to reports from PhaseOne Communications; Reaction of some advertisers to in-program spots; Details of the Power Promo used...
- Growth Spurts For Cable Nets. Stark, Steven J. // Back Stage;06/30/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 26, p37
Reports on the viewership increase of Lifetime Television, Animal Planet, Court TV and Cartoon Network for the second quarter of 2000. Ranking of Lifetime Television among cable networks; Increase in household viewers of Animal Planet; Increase in viewership recorded by Nickelodeon; Cable...
- HBO Latino Bulks Up Its Schedule. // Multichannel News;10/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p16
The article focuses on the addition of movies and original series to the lineup of HBO Latino in 2011. It is intended to distance the network from other Spanish-language premium channels. Vice president of domestic network distribution Lucinda Martinez says that the network is to debut more than...
- REACH THE WORLD. // Campaign (UK);5/27/2005, Issue 22, p41
The article reports that MTV has launched its hundredth channel in February 2005. The television station has potential audience of one billion people. Dave Sibley, the head of MTV's international marketing partnerships group, puts its success down to effective localization, combined with...
- New wrinkles for broadcast. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;8/11/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 45, p2
The article discusses the increase in the average viewer age of the four major broadcasters including American Broadcasting Co., CBS Television Network, and National Broadcasting Co. Inc.
- Diverse auds just want to be shown the money. Phillips, Braden // Variety;04/26/99, Vol. 374 Issue 10, p36
Describes characteristics of the CNBC television network's viewers. Linkage of CNBC's growth to the rise of the stock market; Educational attainment of average viewers; CNBC's viewership outside the home; Ratings of CNBC's programs; Income profile of CNBC viewers.
- ITV Digital reaches for Sky. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Dec2001/Jan2002, Issue 323, p6
Reports on the accessibility of digital services of viewers from cable network ITV in Great Britain. Uplink of the service from the teleport of NTL Broadcast; Task responsibility of NTL to put ITV services onto the Astra direct-to-home digital satellite system.
- Prime access. Smith, Paul // Variety;10/11/99, Vol. 376 Issue 8, p148
Provides information on the growing viewership of Prime television network in Auckland, New Zealand. Alternatives of Prime if two major Kiwi networks have succeeded in their television programming; Comments from Prime Managing Director John Spencer.
- Purchasing plans & budgets: Going forbread-and-butter products. Walker, Gerald M. // World Broadcast Engineering;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on the purchasing plans and budgets of television (TV) broadcasting stations for the year 2001. Details on the final purchasing decision of TV station reader for facilities houses; Annual budget of the TV stations; Intention of TV station readers to acquire switcher and router equipments.