Willner Calls for a TV Tax
- Pubcaster ARD awaits tax ruling by German gov't. Roxborough, Scott // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/13/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 44, p10
Reports on the voting for a tax ruling for public broadcaster ARD by the German government. Effects of the passage of the law on the company; Rectification of the legislation on a long-standing anomaly in the German television industry; Comparison of the commercial revenue between ARD and...
- Webs protest tax plan. Tizard, Will // Daily Variety;2/6/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 26, p21
The article reports on the proposal of an imposition of film tax in Czech Republic. The aim of the legislation is to generate funds to the Cinematograophy Fund by charging a 3 percent tax on television advertising revenues and homevideo sales plus another 2 percent tax on cinema. Television...
- Digital 2.0: Insight Shuffles Channels, Adds More VOD. // CableFAX Daily;9/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 186, p1
The article reports on the U.S. launch of Digital 2.0, a revamped digital service from Insight Communications Inc. The company is preparing to launch a test of the digital service to Evansville, Indiana and the rest of its Southwest district. The service will bring changes to the company's...
- March Gladness. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/20/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 12, p17
Reveals that Louisville, Kentucky-based television station WLKY will broadcast the NCAA basketball tournament through its digital broadcast channels. Information on the station's main and digital channels; Role of Insight Communications Inc. in broadcasting the tournament.
- Hoopla! Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/7/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 10, p14
Discusses the use of digital broadcast channels by WLKY, CBS affiliate television station, in transmitting multiple basketball events of the National Collegiate Athletic Association Men's Basketball Tournament in the U.S. which will start on March 17, 2005. Household rating of WLKY during the...
- Bush Keeps Pushing for Tax on Analog TV Spectrum. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;2/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p24
The article focuses on the plans of U.S. administration to tax commercial television (TV) stations $500 million per year for failing to complete the digital TV transition by December 31, 2006. The administration unveiled a $2.24 trillion budget plan for fiscal year 2004, under which the Federal...
- Show Circuit. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/29/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 13, p13
Reports on the performance of commercial television stations in Louisville, Kentucky. Revenue of WHAS in 2002; Background of CBS affiliate WLKY; Information on the cable company Insight Communications.
- Deals. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/6/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 14, p18
The article lists the selling of licensing rights and shares of stocks for the television station facilities which includes KTNC-TV, KMPH-CA and K59GS.
- Station switch in Miami costs peacock dearly. Davies, Jonathan // Hollywood Reporter;9/20/95, Vol. 339 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the effect of station switch in Miami, Florida. Trade of signals and dial position between WTVJ-TV and WIX-TV; Losses of WTVJ; Rankings.