Sundance Sets Asian Fright Fest
- Video-on-demand: just another window? Kagan, Paul // Boxoffice;Jan2007, Vol. 143 Issue 1, p116
The article presents a perspective on the development of video-on-demand services in the U.S. To theater owners, it is no small matter that whenever cable has negotiated for film rights. According to the author video-on-demand really has no tangible price of admission. Furthermore, operators use...
- Sundance to air Euro film kudocast. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;11/27/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 60, p7
Reports on the deal of the Sundance Channel to do the exclusive United States cablecast of the European Film Awards for the fourth straight year.
- Hazy windows. Garrett, Diane // Daily Variety;9/11/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 48, pA35
The article discusses the cautious response of independent filmmakers and distributors to video-on-demand (VOD). Their biggest concern is the overlap between traditional and Internet-based VOD. The two types of VOD operate under very different restrictions and conflicting definitions make...
- Pics hop to homevid 'Dance. Netherby, Jennifer // Daily Variety;1/26/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 20, p4
Reports on the plans of Sundance Channel Home Entertainment for the release of its Sundance Film Series in the U.S. Features of the series; Sponsorship of Loews Cineplex Entertainment to the series; Schedule of the release.
- PALM DANCES 'DIG!' JIG. Rooney, David; Dunkley, Cathy // Daily Variety;1/26/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 20, p4
Reports on the acquisition of the distribution rights and the pay television of the documentary film "DIG!" by Palm Pictures and Sundance Channel Home Entertainment, respectively, in Park City, Utah. Collaboration between the two companies for the promotion of the film; Disclosure on the...
- Sundance exhib pact. // Variety;9/1/2003, Vol. 392 Issue 3, p9
Reports on the agreement signed by Sundance Channel and Loews Entertainment with Newmarket Films in an aim to theatrically expand the four titles in its Sundance Film Series in the U.S. in 2003. Motion pictures included in the series.
- Sundance Gets Affils in Movie Game. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;8/18/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p10
Provides information on the Sundance Channel Film Series. Cinemas were the independent films will be shown; Cable operators affiliated with the film series; Description of the project's business model.
- COMING SOON: THE $40 MOVIE. Ziffren, Kenneth // Hollywood Reporter;11/10/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 52, p84
The article focuses on the latest trend of video-on-demand (VOD) in 2011. It mentions that by the first quarter of 2011, films would be available to viewers through electronic delivery to the home within 90 days of their release for a price. It informs that premium VOD window will open 30-60...
- Sundance hits its Marc. Hayes, Dade // Daily Variety;2/5/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 22, p40
The article offers information on a party held in Mercer Hotel in New York City, which honored designer Marc Jacobs, subject of Sundanee Channel's documentary "Marc Jacobs & Louis Vuitton."