Fox News Triples Its Pleasure
- Fox Declared Winner in Cablevision Dispute. // TV Technology;11/17/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p42
The article reports on the analysis made by Wells Fargo & Co. analysts Timothy Schlock and Marci Ryvicker regarding the retransmission dispute between Fox News and Cablevision Systems Corp., in which Cablevision has allegedly agreed to pay Fox 150 million dollars a year.
- Fox Legalese: News Net Runs Legal Notices Warning of Contract Expiration. // CableFAX Daily;9/20/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 182, p1
The article deals with the notices issued by Fox News regarding the expiration of its contract with Cablevision. The programs will be terminated because of the expiration of Fox News' 10-year contract with the operator on October 7, 2006. John Malkin, vice president of Fox News, said that the...
- DOOMSDAY FOR VOOM. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;4/11/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that Charles Dolan, chairman of Cablevision Services Corp., organized a quiet funeral for his storm-tossed Voom satellite-programming service, revealing its demise through an item in its 8-K filing. Voom had caused a volcanic breach between the 78-year-old chairman of...
- Fox News Hits a Triple In Fee Talks. // Multichannel News;10/23/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p1
The article reports that Fox News Channel has scored a lucrative contract renewal with Cablevision Systems that may set a pricey precedent for future talks with cable operators. Cablevision, which is operating in the New York area has agreed to a license fee north of 75 cents for the home of Fox...
- DIRECTV: JUST SAY YES. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/10/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 46, p6
Reports on the move of DirecTV to offer Cablevision customers free installation as part of their marketing campaign in New York City. Purpose of the marketing initiative; Duration of the marketing campaign; Disclosure on the monthly subscription fee.
- Fights Break Out Over Sports Nets. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;9/7/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p3
The article reports on the conflicts between cable operators and satellite companies in the U.S. Jamie Davis, president of Versus sports cable network, said that their disagreement with DirectTV Inc. regarding their contract was relative to a positioning downgrade. Meanwhile, it notes that...
- Fox cable kicks off today. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;10/07/96, Vol. 6 Issue 38, p9
Focuses on the launching of the cable television network, Fox News Channel. Programming and launch-intensive costs; News Corp. chairman Rupert Murdoch's clinching of carriage deals with Cablevision Systems Corp. and Liberty Cable.
- FOX NEWS & CABLEVISION: THE GAMES BEGIN. Paskowski, Marianne // Television Week;10/2/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p10
The article focuses on a carriage deal dispute between Cablevision Systems and Fox News Channel. News Corp. president and CEO Peter Chernin had just said at a Merrill Lynch conference that he expected tough negotiations and that Fox could pull the channel off of Cablevision systems if it does...
- Carriage consummation? // Broadcasting & Cable;09/30/96, Vol. 126 Issue 41, p13
Reports on the speculation that Fox Broadcasting Co. and Cablevision Systems are close to completing a carriage deal for Fox News Channel cable television network.