AT&T Claims Sabotage by Cabler
- Edgy In Illinois: AT&T Sues Local Franchisers. // Telecom Policy Report;5/8/2006, Vol. 4 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the lawsuits filed by AT&T against three Illinois towns in relation to its Project Lightspeed fiber-optic installations and video services. Claims of the company including the delaying tactics employed by the towns on its enhancements; Statement issued by Michael Tye, vice president...
- AT&T asks high court to void ruling. Bridgeforth, Art // Crain's Detroit Business;12/16/96, Vol. 12 Issue 51, p24
Reports that lawyers for American Telephone & Telegraph (AT&T) Corporation, requested that Michigan Supreme Court overturn a State Court of Appeals ruling in its long-distance carrier dispute with Ameritech Corporation, made on December 4th, 1996. Issue at the center of the dispute; How the...
- Nynex cries foul on AT&T. Snyder, Beth // Telephony;10/07/96, Vol. 231 Issue 15, p16
Reports that Nynex filed a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission against AT&T for alleged anticompetitive behavior. AT&T Corp.'s response to Nynex's charges.
- GTE makes good on legal action. // Telephony;8/05/96, Vol. 231 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the motion for a preliminary injunction filed by GTE against AT&T to stop alleged misleading advertising claims. AT&T's claims against the GTE's long-distance service; Chief Judge Jerry Buchmeyer ruling on deposition of witnesses and production of documents.
- Court reverses position on pension service credit for pregnancy leave. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;3/20/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p3
The article reports on the ruling of the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that employees who received less credited service time while on pregnancy leave cannot gain the lost time on the case filed against AT&T. Service time is being used to calculate the amount of pension payments, eligibility for...
- FOCUS ON. // National Review Bulletin;12/13/1974, Vol. 26 Issue 50, pB188
The article focuses on the lawsuit filed by the U.S. Justice Department against the world's biggest company AT&T Corp. The main goal of the agency is to make the company divest itself of its manufacturing unit, the Western Electric. The company was insulated against potential competition until...
- Lonely tier drops. Santo, Brian // CED;Jan2008, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p3
The author reflects on the issue of National Football League (NFL) on refusing to let go of the basic tier. It sued Comcast Corp. to get its network on the firm's basic tier whom the latter agreed to carry the former's network. NFL had lost from the litigation. The Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC)...
- To court they go. Simon, Ellis // Electronic Media;10/21/96, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p2
Reports on the court battle between New York City and Time Warner Cable, over the carriage of Fox News Channel. Time Warner's attempt to bar New York from running the Fox service on a government access channel; City's plans to depose Time Warner Chairman Gerald Levin.
- App flap divides H'wood, cablers. WALLENSTEIN, ANDREW // Daily Variety;3/25/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 59, p1
The article reports that Time Warner Cable Inc. will be facing a litigation from one of the major film production companies regarding its iPad application that transmits live television channels within a subscriber's home in the U.S.