Segmenting Rings Up Phone Additions
- CABLE CONNECTIONS. // Cable World (10427228);6/9/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p84
Presents issues on the cable industry as of June 9, 2003. Promotions and appointments of executives in the industry; Celebration of the launch of Time Warner Cable's digital phone service; Support of NBC Cable Networks, Comcast and local officials on theater arts.
- ALPHABET SOUP. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);4/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p10
Presents updates on issues related to cable television in the U.S., as of April 14, 2003. Launch of digital phone service by Time Warner Cable of Maine; Expansion of the retail partnership of Comcast with Best Buy to stores in several states; Introduction of the video on demand content from...
- Time Buy on Trio's Side in Philly. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p8
Reports that arts network Trio has bought a 90-minute block on Fox Broadcast Network's Philadelphia affiliate. Programs that Trio will air during the slot on December 14, 2002; Advantages of airing the programs to Trio; Purpose for which Trio will screen a toll-free number during the slot;...
- 'The island' goes global. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);10/31/2002, p18
Reports on the marketing strategy of Qatar-based Arabic television channel, Al Jazeera, which has emerged as a serious player on the global media stage. Viewership of the channel in Great Britain; Revenue sources of the channel; Benefits of broadcasting Al Qaida chief Osama Bin Laden's tapes to...
- TIME WARNER CABLE SHIFTS GEARS. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);10/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p8
Reports on the strategy of cable television company Time Warner Cable (TWC) in marketing its premium products as of October 2003. Total number of digital subscribers of TWC as of the third quarter of 2003; Number of DVR set-tops deployed by the company; Percentage increase in the overall...
- Prime Latino Time. Morales, Magaly // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p32
Focuses on the expansion strategy of Time Warner Cable to reach Hispanic consumers in the U.S., as of December 20, 2004. Remarks from Time Warner Cable senior vice president of marketing, Brian Kelly, on the importance of the marketing strategy; Major Hispanic markets of the cable operator;...
- Practical considerations in digital telephony over CATV. Yang, Zuo // Telecom Asia;Jan96, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p16
Discusses practical considerations involved in the transmission of digital telephony over cable television (CATV) lines. Combination of integrated services digital networks (ISDN) with CATV; Combined access configuration; Definition of the user to network interface.
- Time Warner off and running in San Diego. // Telephony;02/17/97, Vol. 232 Issue 7, p21
Announces the launching of RoadRunner cable modem service in San Diego, California by Time Warner. Customized with local content, including multimedia versions of local Web sites.
- Speedvision, Outdoor Life get carriage deals. // Electronic Media;01/04/99, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p58
Reports that Speedvision and Outdoor Life have signed affiliation agreements with Time Warner Cable that allow individual Time Warner systems to strike carriage deals with the two networks.