Dubuc Taking the Reins at History
- Making (Over) History. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;4/2/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p21
The article reports that History Channel is launching five television series that covers a wide range of topics from prehistoric dinosaur slugfests to martial arts adventures from around the world. This is Nancy Dubuc's first major move since her appointment as executive vice-president and...
- Crime pays on channel. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;6/5/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 45, p16
The article reports that A&E will launch a third channel in Great Britain. According to the article, the company's Crime and Investigation channel offering will premiere on paybox, BSkyB in 2006. The article claims that the channel will feature investigative programs, documentaries and specials...
- History Channel Reads Some Good Nielsen Books. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;6/9/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 23, p32
The article focuses on the performance of cable television network The History Channel owned by A & E Television Networks. In 1997, A&E Television Networks President and chief executive officer Nick Davatzes had predicted that History Channel would someday be as robust in ratings and reach as...
- A&E reality guru expands her realm. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;6/26/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 60, p5
The article reports that Nancy Dubuc has been promoted to the position of senior vice president of nonfiction programming and new-media content at A&E Television Networks. She will oversee the development for all of the company's on-air and digital platforms. Dubuc will work closely with Bob...
- OUT & ABOUT. // Electronic Media;2/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p22
Presents photographs on television industry personalities in the United States. Fundraising for Bourne Braves team for Cape Cod League; Winners of the A&E Networks' President Award; Support of Charter's Southern Minnesota Group to Rochester Diversity Council.
- A&E on the road. Donohue, Steve // Electronic Media;11/09/98, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p16
Focuses on A&E Network's plans to distribute a 24-hour, Spanish-language television channel in Latin America and a channel in Portuguese for Brazil. Joint venture with Multicanal to launch indigenous-language versions of The History Channel or El Canal de Historia in Spain and Portugal; Launch...
- TV movies switch to cable. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;10/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p10
Focuses on the television broadcasting of movies in the United States. Advantages of the movie broadcasting on cable television networks; Goals of A & E cable network for engaging in the trend; Nomination of the broadcast movie 'Judy Garland: Me and My Shadows' of ABC network in the Emmy Awards.
- Emmys to VH1, A&E projects. Littleton, Cynthia // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;07/25/2000, Vol. 364 Issue 2, p113
Focuses on the recipients of the United States-based television broadcasting industry group Academy of Television Arts and Sciences' 2000 Governors' Awards. Save the Music Foundation of cable television network VH1; Biography Project of A and E Network.
- Paralympics set for A&E. Hettrick, Scott // Daily Variety;3/4/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 1, p12
Reports the deal between television network A&E, the U.S. Olympic Committee and the Salt Lake Organizing Committee to present daily coverage of the Paralympic Winter Games on March 9-16, 2002.