Werner Named Comcast's CTO
- Dubuc Taking the Reins at History. // Multichannel News;12/18/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p12
The article profiles Nancy Dubuc, executive vice president and general manager of A&E Television Networks (AETN) in the U.S. She will succeed Dan Davids and will be responsible for The History Channel's planning, programming and consumer marketing. According to AETN chief operating officer (CEO)...
- In the Company of Giants. Haley, Kathy // CED;Nov2003 Supplement, Vol. 29, p3B
Reports on the induction of a number of television industry executives as new members of the Cable Hall of Fame in Denver, Colorado. Background of the inductees; Details on the programs and activities; Contribution of the awardees to the vitality of the cable television industry.
- 'The men and women who control broadcasting believe that television is an idiot's lantern' Cox, David // New Statesman;12/9/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4617, p27
Deals with the skepticism of television executives in Great Britain on the capacity of television broadcasting and programming to make sense of the news. Tasks society could require of the media; Evaluation of television networks and their television programs; Criticisms on broadcast...
- Networking. // Cable World (10427228);3/25/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p42
Presents news on some cable television network executives in the U.S. as of March 25, 2002. Recipient of the Time Warner Cable 2001 High School Cranial Crunch championship trophy; Partnership between Lifetime Television and New York Women in Film and Television.
- BalvÃn dismissal called political charade, poorly timed. Dragomir, Marius // Prague Business Journal;12/2/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p1
Reports on key issues relevant to the dismissal of Jiri Balvin, executive head of Czech Television. Control of the country's public broadcaster; Details about the dismissal; Implications for the broadcasting sector; Struggle between politicians and lobbyists.
- SEARCH IS ON FOR NEW CBS REALITY BOSS. Grego, Melissa // Broadcasting & Cable;8/18/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 32, p45
The article reports that a search is on for appointing a new CBS executive after Ghen Maynard stepped down as executive vice president alternative programming and entertainment content for new media, CBS Paramount Network Television Entertainment Group on August 8, 2008. The executives at CBS...
- College net sports VP. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/15/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 30, p29
The article reports that College Sports Television (CSTV) has hired Jayne Wallace as VP of corporate communications. She reports to Brian Bedol, cofounder and chief exec of CSTV. Most recently, Wallace was national communications director of the American Federation of TV and Radio Artists. She...
- Endemol gets a makeover. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;12/8/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 49, p4
The article highlights the promotion of Rob Smith and Caroline Baumgard in the television broadcasting company Endemol USA. Baumgard is the company's new vice president of development in the creative department. She will run the department on a daily basis and will oversee production of the...
- Thompson's vow to stay with Channel 4 throws BBC job open. // Campaign;4/23/2004, Issue 17, p2
Mark Thompson, the chief executive of Channel 4, has ruled himself out of the running to become the director-general of the BBC. Thompson, a former head of television at the BBC, was seen by many as the favourite for the job, but his intention to stay at Channel 4 makes an internal appointment...