Short Stop for FSN Channels
- Malone bid may face fight. Stern, Andy // Daily Variety;5/7/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 24, p14
Reports on Belgian investors' opposition to John Malone's attempt to seize control of Belgian cable television company Telenet. Negotiation of Malone's Liberty Media Corp. with Callahan Associates to buy 21% stake in Telenet; Financial performance of Telenet.
- Liberty sets its sights on Belgian TV. Stern, Andy // Daily Variety;2/9/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 30, p26
Reports on the plans of Brussels, Belgium-based U.S. conglomerate Liberty Media Corp. to purchase a Belgian cable television network Telenet in 2004.
- Cable Mergers Arouse Speculation on Who's Next. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;7/14/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p3
Presents an update on cable channel ownership consolidation in the U.S. as of July 2003. Stakes of Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. and Liberty Corp. in the Game Show Network; Cable channels controlled by Vivendi Universal Entertainment; Potential conflicts in acquiring or buying out a media...
- Sports webs are ordered to split up. Newbery, Charles // Daily Variety;10/1/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 63, p5
Reports on the order of Argentina's antitrust watchdogs for Hicks Muse Tate & Furst Inc. and Liberty Media Corp. to separate their interests in the country's two top sports programmers as part of a merger of some of their assets. Need for Fox Sports and Torneos y Competencias to operate as two...
- Cable's Wild Ride. Levine, Shira // America's Network;Aug99 Supplement, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p22
Discusses information on cable network mergers. Consolidation activities of various companies; Background on the cable industry; Technology developments in the cable industry.
- Telemundo already orbiting Sony. Katz, Richard // Variety;06/22/98, Vol. 371 Issue 7, p28
Reports that although the FCC company has yet to approve Sony/Liberty Media buyout of Telemundo Group Incorporated, it has demonstrated plenty of Sony Corporation's influence during its upfront presentation to advertisers. Competition between Telemundo and Univision; Comment from Roland...
- Viacom Outlets Merge Offices, Mull Staff Cuts. Hudson, Eileen Davis // MediaWeek;7/1/2002-7/8/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p9
Reports on the merging of the offices of KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV in fall 2002. Information on the plan of the management to cut some positions; Details of the staff shuffling at the television stations; Benefits from the consolidation of the television stations.
- NBC won't give Bravo rerun-around. Dempsey, John // Variety;1/20/2003, Vol. 389 Issue 9, p29
Focuses on the acquisition of Bravo channel by NBC in January 2003. Budget for the programming of Bravo; Challenges faced by Bravo; Audience share of Bravo.
- Fox's sporting chance. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;07/12/99, Vol. 129 Issue 29, p23
Focuses on United States-based sports cable television network Fox Sports Net. Network as subsidiary of News Corp.; Network's goal of competing with and surpassing rival ESPN.