TiVo, Comcast on Pause
- Comcast, SES Americom centralize simulcast. // CED;Oct2005, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p6
Reports that the Comcast Media Center (CMC) and SES Americom Inc. have teamed on a centrally-located digital simulcast encoding platform for cable operators in the U.S. Buy versus make decision on the encoding level for cable operators that deploy digital simulcast, a technique that replicates...
- Congloms bet their bottom dollar on orphan cablers. Amdur, Meredith; Dempsey, John // Variety;5/26/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 2, p20
Reports on the status of the cable market as of May 2003. Consolidation in the cable market; Reason for the consolidation of cable networks; Subscribers of Comcast.
- Coke leads the way out of the ad break despite TiVo retreat. Beale, Claire // Campaign;2/14/2003, Issue 7, p2
Focuses on the television (TV) recording instrument TiVo and its effect on traditional TV advertising. Decline in the subscriber numbers of TiVo; Call of Coca-Cola Co. greater collaboration between marketers and content provider.
- WALA-TV gets creative with digital microwave. Reece, Johnny // Broadcast Engineering;Oct2002, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p124
Reports on innovations in the broadcast capacity of WALA-TV in Mobile, Alabama. Reference to Microwave Radio Communications systems of the station; Relocation of the studio of the television station; Use of dual waveguide switch arrangement.
- Cable. // Business NH Magazine;Jan1998, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p35
Provides information about the cable television companies in New Hampshire. Why the services and rates in cable television vary; List of the basic rates, commercial rates, and bulk account rates offered by the companies.
- The rise of cable television. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/12/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 47, p29
Focuses on the development of cable televisions in the United States. Capabilities of satellite on the relay services of television stations; Launching of the CNN news channel; Complications of satellite signals among pay cable channel.
- HDTV, technically speaking. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;5/6/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 19, p56
Reports the use of high-definition television signals of the broadcasters in the U.S. Improvement of the television relay systems; Installation of the digital tiers; Management scheme of the cable set-top boxes.
- 620K. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/18/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 19, p35
A statistic is given on the number of CableCard modules deployed in retail-bought video devices by the top nine U.S. cable operators as of May 18, 2015.
- Second act. Anderson, Diane // MediaWeek;4/4/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 14, pSR52
Focuses on the implication of an agreement between Comcast Cable and TiVo to provide digital video recorder (DVR) technology for the cable operator. Difficulties faced by TiVo with its plan for the DVR market; Significance of the agreement to Comcast; Challenges facing TiVo.