- ESPN sets records for following USA. Bauder, David // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/25/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 149, p12
The article reports on the claims of ESPN that its website streaming of the World Cup victory of USA against Algeria has garnered 1.1 million viewers in New York.
- Ratings down, but revs up for NBA. Dempsey, John // Variety;6/11/2007, Vol. 407 Issue 4, p14
The article reports that the National Basketball Association (NBA) is expected to see greater profits from its deals with television networks such as ESPN, despite the fact that the NBA's ratings have gone down significantly. As an example of basketball's decline in popularity, it is noted that...
- GameDay appearance defines La Salle's rise. Quinn, Brendan F.; Akers, John // Basketball Times;Sep2013, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the importance of the 2014 ESPN College GameDay match between La Salle and Temple in Palestra as definition of La Salle's rise in college basketball. The match represents what La Salle coach John Giannini has accomplished with the Explorers. Giannini is also credited for...
- Changes Ahead for ESPN. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;9/3/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p6
The article reports on the planned changes of ESPN to better serve its viewers. The television network will make a distribution deal for its ESPN360 product. It expresses its interest on documentaries over scripted fare development. Its new calling card will include a host of live college...
- Networks Make Playoff Push. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;2/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p8
The article reports that television sports networks TNT, and ESPN are banking on big ratings score from their coverage of the National Basketball Association's (NBA) playoff stretch run. Reportedly, the number of viewers for the TNT's NBA telecast has increased massively in the last 3 years. The...
- ESPN BOWS 'TV EVERYWHERE' HOW-TO VIDEO. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;7/30/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p8
The article offers information on a promotional spot aired by ESPN which explains how authenticated viewers can watch repurposed sports programming on laptops, tablets and related portable media devices.
- NBA Courting Viewers Despite Lockout. // Multichannel News;1/30/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p24
The article reports that ESPN, TNT and NBA TV have drawn strong ratings returns for their live game coverage during the first month of the National Basketball Association's (NBA) truncated season in January 2012.
- TNT Shrugs Off Lakers Loss. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/26/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p18
Reports that Turner Network Television (TNT) will continue its coverage of the U.S. National Basketball Association despite the elimination of Los Angeles Lakers from the league. Ratings achieved by TNT in coverage in its coverage of Western Conference Finals; Increase in sports coverage...
- ESPN's hare-raising Ryder Cup deal recalled. Verdi, Bob // Golf World;2/22/2008, Vol. 61 Issue 26, p56
The author reflects on the deal of ESPN, a television network, to broadcast the Ryder Cup matches at the Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia. He comments on the re-entry of the network into the sport that once covered the Professional Golfers' Association of America Tour. The author states...